Posted on 2017-12-14, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Paul Lockhart | Category: Mathematics | Language: English | Page: 416 | ISBN: 0674057554 | ISBN13: 9780674057555 |
Description: For seven years, Paul Lockhart's A Mathematician's Lament enjoyed a samizdat-style popularity in the mathematics underground, before demand prompted its 2009 publication to even wider applause and debate. An impassioned critique of K 12 mathematics education, it outlined how we shortchange students by introducing them to math the wrong way. Here Lockhart offers the positive side of the math education story by showing us how math should be done. Measurement offers a permanent solution to math phobia by introducing us to mathematics as an artful way of thinking and living. In conversational prose that conveys his passion for the subject, Lockhart makes mathematics accessible without oversimplifying. He makes no more attempt to hide the challenge of mathematics than he does to shield us from its beautiful intensity. Favoring plain English and pictures over jargon and formulas, he succeeds in making complex ideas about the mathematics of shape and motion intuitive and graspable. His elegant discussion of mathematical reasoning and themes in classical geometry offers proof of his conviction that mathematics illuminates art as much as science. Lockhart leads us into a universe where beautiful designs and patterns float through our minds and do surprising, miraculous things. As we turn our thoughts to symmetry, circles, cylinders, and cones, we begin to see that almost anyone can "do the math" in a way that brings emotional and aesthetic rewards. Measurement is an invitation to summon curiosity, courage, and creativity in order to experience firsthand the playful excitement of mathematical work.
- Ebooks list page : 34372
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Measurement and Evaluation in Education and Psychology
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Measurement Uncertainties in Science and Technology - Removed
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Measurement in Nursing and Health Research, Fifth Edition
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Measurement and Analysis in Transforming Healthcare Delivery: Volume 2: Practical Applications to Engage and Align Providers and Consumers - Removed
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Measurement of Quarkonium Polarization to Probe QCD at the LHC (Springer Theses) - Removed
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Measurement and Safety: Volume I (Volume 2)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Measurement Error in Nonlinear Models: A Modern Perspective, 2nd edition
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Measurement Uncertainty in Forensic Science: A Practical Guide
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Measurement techniques in heat transfer
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Measurement and Geometry in Upper Primary School
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Measurement-Based Care in Mental Disorders (SpringerBriefs in Psychology) - Removed
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Measurement and Multivariate Analysis - Removed
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Measurement Error Models
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Measurement in Ultrasound, Second Edition
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Measurement Uncertainty and Probability
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Measurement for the Social Sciences: The C-OAR-SE Method and Why It Must Replace Psychometrics - Removed
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Measurement Technology for Micro-Nanometer Devices
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Measurement in Nursing and Health Research: Fourth Edition (Waltz, Measurement in Nursing and Health Research)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Measurement Error and Misclassification in Statistics and Epidemiology: Impacts and Bayesian Adjustments
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Measurement of the D0 Meson Production in Pb-Pb and p-Pb Collisions: A Study Performed with the ALICE Experiment at the LHC (Springer Theses) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.