Posted on 2017-12-06, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Oscar Ed Gilbert | Category: Military Science | Language: English | Page: 312 | ISBN: 1612002676 | ISBN13: 9781612002675 |
Description: In the aftermath of Vietnam a new generation of Marines was determined to wage a smarter kind of war. The tank, the very symbol of power and violence, would play a key role in a new concept of mobile warfare, not seen since the dashes of World War II. The emphasis would be not on brutal battles of attrition, but on paralyzing the enemy by rapid maneuver and overwhelming but judicious use of firepower. Yet in two wars with Iraq, the tankers, as well as the crews of the new Light Armored Vehicles, quickly found themselves in a familiar roleâ€”battering through some of the strongest defenses in the world by frontal assault, fighting their way through towns and cities. In Americaâ€™s longest continual conflict, armored Marines became entangled in further guerilla war, this time amid the broiling deserts, ancient cities, and rich farmlands of Iraq, and in the high, bleak wastes of Afghanistan. It was a familiar kind of war against a fanatical foe who brutalized civilians, planted sophisticated roadside bombs, and seized control of entire cities. It has been a maddening war of clearing roads, escorting convoys, endless sweep operations to locate and destroy insurgent strongholds, protecting voting sites for free elections, and recapturing and rebuilding urban centers. Itâ€™s been a war in which the tanks repeatedly provided the outnumbered infantry with precise and decisive firepower. The tankers even added a new trick to their repertoireâ€”long-range surveillance. Our fights against Iraq in 1991 and in the post-9/11 years have seen further wars that demanded that unique combination of courage, tenacity, professionalism, and versatility that makes a Marine no better friend, and no worse enemy. This book fully describes how our Marine Corps tankers have risen to the occasion.
Marine Corps Tank Battles in the Middle East.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34121
- 2020-06-29Marine Corps Tank Battles in the Middle East - Removed
- 2020-06-26Marine Corps Tank Battles in the Middle East
- 2012-06-04Tank Battles of the Mid-East Wars (2): The Wars Of 1973 To The Present (Concord 7009)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] MARINE CORPS TANK BATTLES IN KOREA
- 2011-12-14A History of Marine Attack Squadron 223 (Marine Corps Squadron Histories Series)
- 2011-12-14A History of Marine Fighter Attack Squadron 323 (Marine Corps Squadron Histories Series)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Water, Energy & Food Sustainability in the Middle East: The Sustainability Triangle - Removed
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Ethnic Groups of Africa and the Middle East: An Encyclopedia (Ethnic Groups of the World)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Poor Places, Thriving People: How the Middle East and North Africa Can Rise Above Spatial Disparities (MENA Development Report)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Holy Lands: Reviving Pluralism in the Middle East
- 2017-12-24[PDF] From Babel to Dragomans: Interpreting the Middle East
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Medicinal and Aromatic Plants of the Middle-East - Removed
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Saracen Strongholds AD 630-1050: The Middle East and Central Asia
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Levant: Recipes and memories from the Middle East
- 2017-11-15[PDF] How to Make Peace in the Middle East in Six Months or Less: Without Leaving Your Apartment
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Public Administration and Policy in the Middle East (Public Administration, Governance and Globalization) - Removed
- 2017-11-09[PDF] A Land of Aching Hearts: The Middle East in the Great War
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Advances in Engineering Education in the Middle East and North Africa: Current Status, and Future Insights - Removed
- 2017-10-19[PDF] Islamism: What it Means for the Middle East and the World
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.