[PDF] Mapping Space, Sense, and Movement in Florence: Historical GIS and the Early Modern City (Routledge Research in Digital Humanities)
Posted on 2018-01-27, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Mapping Space, Sense, and Movement in Florence : | Publisher: Routledge | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 236 | ISBN: 1138184896 | ISBN13: 9781138184893 |
Description: Mapping Space, Sense, and Movement in Florence explores the potential of digital mapping or Historical GIS as a research and teaching tool to enable researchers and students to uncover the spatial, kinetic and sensory dimensions of the early modern city. The exploration focuses on new digital research and mapping projects that engage the rich social, cultural, and artistic life of Florence in particular. One is a new GIS tool known as DECIMA, (Digitally-Encoded Census Information and Mapping Archive), and the other is a smartphone app called Hidden Florence. The international collaborators who have helped build these and other projects address three questions: how such projects can be created when there are typically fewer sources than for modern cities how they facilitate more collaborative models for historical research into social relations, senses, and emotions and how they help us interrogate older historical interpretations and create new models of analysis and communication. Four authors examine technical issues around the software programs and manuscripts. Five then describe how GIS can be used to advance and develop existing research projects. Finally, four authors look to the future and consider how digital mapping transforms the communication of research results, and makes it possible to envision new directions in research. This exciting new volume is illustrated throughout with maps, screenshots and diagrams to show the projects at work. It will be essential reading for students and scholars of early modern Italy, the Renaissance and digital humanities.
Mapping Space, Sense, and Movement in Florence: Historical GIS and the Early Modern City (Routledge Research in Digital Humanities).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35728
- 2017-03-11Mapping Space, Sense, and Movement in Florence Historical GIS and the Early Modern City
- 2021-04-02Knowledge and the Early Modern City: A History of Entanglements
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Counter Space: Design and the Modern Kitchen
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Universal Jurisdiction in International Criminal Law: The Debate and the Battle for Hegemony (Routledge Research in International Law)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Leaving Christian Fundamentalism and the Reconstruction of Identity (Routledge New Critical Thinking in Religion, Theology and Biblical Studies)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Gender Trouble: Feminism and the Subversion of Identity (Routledge Classics)
- 2017-11-04[PDF] British Spy Fiction and the End of Empire (Routledge Studies in Twentieth-Century Literature)
- 2017-02-14[PDF] Gender Trouble: Feminism and the Subversion of Identity (Routledge Classics)
- 2013-08-21London Dispossessed: Literature and Social Space in the Early Modern City (Language, Discourse, Society) by John Twyning
- 2011-11-24BioWatch and Public Health Surveillance: Evaluating Systems for the Early Detection of Biological Threats - Removed
- 2011-08-12Urban Space in the Middle Ages and the Early Modern Age (Fundamentals of Medieval and Early Modern Culture)
- 2021-05-12Publicity and the Early Modern Stage: People Made Public (Early Modern Cultural Studies 1500-1700) - Removed
- 2020-12-21World-Building and the Early Modern Imagination
- 2020-08-24Neoliberal Bodies and the Gendered Fat Body (Routledge Research in Gender and Society)
- 2020-06-20Dynastic Colonialism: Gender, Materiality and the Early Modern House of Orange-Nassau (Routledge Research in Early Modern History) - Removed
- 2020-02-19The Making of Indigeneity, Curriculum History, and the Limits of Diversity (Routledge Research in Educational Equality and Diversity)
- 2019-12-24Beyond Human Rights and the War on Terror (Routledge Research in Human Rights Law) - Removed
- 2019-12-08Normativity, Meaning, and the Promise of Phenomenology (Routledge Research in Phenomenology) - Removed
- 2019-07-10Animating Empire Automata, the Holy Roman Empire, and the Early Modern World
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.