Posted on 2017-11-22, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Ralph C. Martin, Rod MacRae | Category: Environmental Engineering | Language: English | Page: 1 | ISBN: 1466568364 |
Description: The use of organic management practices in field cropping continues to rise globally, and these methods have proven to be a viable way to produce food with reduced resource use and environmental damage. Managing Energy, Nutrients, and Pests in Organic Field Crops challenges the popular misconception that organic systems are weak at managing energy, nutrients, and pests and shows how innovative farm designs can enhance organic performance. It provides information for assessing the current state of knowledge on organic field cropping and for making the systems more viable. Each chapter summarizes the latest data from a wide range of sources, creating a comprehensive and coherent picture of the issues and integrating agronomic, economic, and policy aspects. Many chapters also include recent research from the authors. Section I, Soil Health, examines the importance of phosphorus balance, soil fertility, and tillage reduction. Section II, Pest Management, focuses on integrated weed management and long-term approaches to insect management. Section III, Integrating Approaches, addresses multiple field cropping challenges. Chapters cover the oldest organic rotational trials in Canada, the issue of using cereals bred for conventional systems and more targeted organic cereal breeding strategies, and case studies of a broad spectrum of farming experiences that explore the broader social and ecological landscape. The final section, Economics, Energy, and Policy, examines environmental issues not previously addressed in the text as well as consumer, economic, and rural community matters. It also presents a reprint of an article that describes policies and programs (and their costs) needed to advance adoption of organic farming in Ontario. The text wraps up with key conclusions and a discussion of overarching themes for the book, summarizing the strengths of the available tool box for organic producers and the challenges that remain.
Managing Energy, Nutrients, and Pests in Organic Field Crops.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33677
- 2014-02-14Managing Energy, Nutrients, and Pests in Organic Field Crops
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Managing Energy Risk: An Integrated View on Power and Other Energy Markets
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Managing Energy Costs: A Behavioral and Non-Technical Approach
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Managing Energy Risk: An Integrated View on Power and Other Energy Markets (The Wiley Finance Series)
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Managing Indoor Environments and Energy in Buildings with Integrated Intelligent Systems (Green Energy and Technology) - Removed
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Managing Money, Measurement and Marketing in the Allied Health Professions (Allied Health Professions - Essential Guides)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Managing Scientific Information and Research Data
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Mind-Energy: Lectures and Essays
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Maximizing Energy Savings and Minimizing Energy Costs by John M. Studebaker (2008-10-21) - Removed
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Managing Customer Experience and Relationships: A Strategic Framework
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Managing Science: Methodology and Organization of Research (Innovation, Technology, and Knowledge Management) - Removed
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Managing Critical Incidents and Large-Scale Event Security
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Solar Energy Fundamentals and Modeling Techniques: Atmosphere, Environment, Climate Change and Renewable Energy - Removed
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Managing Chineseness: Identity and Ethnic Management in Singapore (Frontiers of Globalization) - Removed
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Epigenetics, Energy Balance, and Cancer - Removed
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Managing AWS Security and Identity (2016) - Removed
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Sustainable Energy Systems and Applications - Removed
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Solar Energy Forecasting and Resource Assessment
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Solar Energy: Technologies and Project Delivery for Buildings
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.