Posted on 2017-11-12, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Paul Cornish | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 176 | ISBN: 1848840470 | ISBN13: 9781848840478 |
Description: The machine-gun is one of the iconic weapons of the Great War - indeed of the twentieth century. Yet it is also one of the most misunderstood. During a four-year war that generated unprecedented casualties, the machine-gun stood out as a key weapon. In the process it took on an almost legendary status that persists to the present day. It shaped the tactics of the trenches, while simultaneously evolving in response to the tactical imperatives thrown up by this new form of warfare. Paul Cornish, in this authoritative and carefully considered study, reconsiders the history automatic firepower, and he describes in vivid detail its development during the First World War and the far-reaching consequences thereof. He dispels many myths and misconceptions that have grown up around automatic firearms, but also explores their potency as symbols and icons. His clear-sighted reassessment of the phenomenon of the machine-gun will be fascinating reading for students of military history and of the Great War in particular.
MACHINE-GUNS AND THE GREAT WAR.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33392
- 2018-01-18[PDF] French Cinema and the Great War: Remembrance and Representation (Film and History) [French]
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Sergeant Wolinski and the Great War
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Corporal Hitler and the Great War 1914-1918: The List Regiment
- 2017-02-14[PDF] Corporal Hitler and the Great War 1914-1918: The List Regiment
- 2019-07-08!(Review) - Why You Should Read African Kaiser: General Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck and the Great War in Africa, 1914-1918 by Robert Gaudi Online or Download [PDF EPUB MOBI]
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Durham City in the Great War (Towns and Cities)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Bernard Shaw, W. T. Stead, and the New Journalism: Whitechapel, Parnell, Titanic, and the Great War (Bernard Shaw and His Contemporaries) - Removed
- 2018-01-24[PDF] French Tanks of the Great War: Development, Tactics and Operations
- 2018-01-21[PDF] African Kaiser: General Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck and the Great War in Africa, 1914-1918 - Removed
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Nurse Writers of the Great War (Nursing History and Humanities Mup)
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Paris Gun. The Bombardment Of Paris By The German Long-Range Guns And The Great German Offensives Of 1918
- 2017-12-25[PDF] The Art of Survival: France and the Great War Picaresque
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Fragmenting Modernism: Ford Madox Ford, the Novel and the Great War
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Age of Jihad: Islamic State and the Great War for the Middle East
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Spies in Arabia: The Great War and the Cultural Foundations of Britain's Covert Empire in the Middle East
- 2017-12-06[PDF] August 1914: France, the Great War, and a Month That Changed the World Forever
- 2017-12-01[PDF] No Better Death: The Great War Diaries and Letters of William G. Malone
- 2017-11-22[PDF] Castle Point in the Great War (Your Towns and Cities in the Great War)
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Irish regiments in the Great War: Discipline and Morale
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.