Posted on 2018-01-15, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Laura Miller | Publisher: Black Dog & Leventhal | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 320 | ISBN: 0316316385 | ISBN13: 9780316316385 |
Description: A glorious collection that delves deep into the inception, influences, and literary and historical underpinnings of nearly 100 of our most beloved fictional realms. Please note that the ebook does not contain images. Literary Wonderlands is a thoroughly researched, wonderfully written, and beautifully produced book that spans two thousand years of creative endeavor. From Spenser's The Fairie Queene to Wells's The Time Machine to Murakami's 1Q84 it explores the timeless and captivating features of fiction's imagined worlds including the relevance of the writer's own life to the creation of the story, influential contemporary events and philosophies, and the meaning that can be extracted from the details of the work. Each piece includes a detailed overview of the plot and a "Dramatis Personae." Literary Wonderlands is a fascinating read for lovers of literature, fantasy, and science fiction. Laura Miller is the book's general editor. Co-founder of Salon.com, where she worked as an editor and writer for 20 years, she is currently a books and culture columnist at Slate. A journalist and a critic, her work has appeared in the New Yorker, Harper's, the Guardian, and the New York Times Book Review, where she wrote the "Last Word" column for two years. She is the author of The Magician's Book: A Skeptic's Adventures in Narnia and editor of the Salon.com Reader's Guide to Contemporary Authors.
Literary Wonderlands: A Journey Through the Greatest Fictional Worlds Ever Created.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35343
- 2020-05-16Literary Wonderlands: A Journey Through the Greatest Fictional Worlds Ever Created (Literary Worlds Series)
- 2019-03-11Literary Wonderlands A Journey Through the Greatest Fictional Worlds Ever Created
- 2019-03-05Literary Wonderlands A Journey Through the Greatest Fictional Worlds Ever Created
- 2018-05-07Literary Wonderlands A Journey Through the Greatest Fictional Worlds Ever Created [Audiobook]
- 2016-12-27Literary Wonderlands A Journey Through the Greatest Fictional Worlds Ever Created
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Comrade Baron: A Journey through the Vanishing World of the Transylvanian Aristocracy
- 2017-11-16[PDF] Playing Dead: A Journey Through the World of Death Fraud
- 2017-10-22[PDF] Vegetarian India: A Journey Through the Best of Indian Home Cooking - Removed
- 2017-10-22[PDF] Amazon: An Extraordinary Journey Down The Greatest River On Earth
- 2017-10-05[PDF] Emotional Rollercoaster: A Journey Through the Science of Feelings
- 2016-12-22[PDF] Emotional Rollercoaster: A Journey Through the Science of Feelings
- 2019-07-29#(Best) - Why You Should Read Climate Changed: A Personal Journey through the Science by Philippe Squarzoni Online or Download [MOBI PDF EPUB]
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Notes on Blindness: A Journey Through the Dark (Wellcome)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Seven-Mile Miracle: Journey into the Presence of God Through the Last Words of Jesus
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Biophysics for Beginners: A Journey through the Cell Nucleus
- 2018-01-19[PDF] A Journey Through The Universe
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Super Sushi Ramen Express: One Family's Journey Through the Belly of Japan - Removed
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Richistan: A Journey Through the American Wealth Boom and the Lives of the New Rich
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Yellow Rain: Journey Through the Terror of Chemical Warfare
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.