Posted on 2018-01-03, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Hendrik Kaptein, Henry Prakken and Bart Verheij | Publisher: Ashgate | Category: Philosophy | Language: English | Page: 304 | ISBN: 075467620X | ISBN13: 9780754676201 |
Description: As a result of recent scandals concerning evidence and proof in the administration of criminal justice - ranging from innocent people on death row in the United States to misuse of statistics leading to wrongful convictions in The Netherlands and elsewhere - inquiries into the logic of evidence and proof have taken on a new urgency both in an academic and practical sense. This study presents a broad perspective on logic by focusing on inference not just in isolation but as embedded in contexts of procedure and investigation. With special attention being paid to recent developments in Artificial Intelligence and the Law, specifically related to evidentiary reasoning, this book provides clarification of problems of logic and argumentation in relation to evidence and proof. As the vast majority of legal conflicts relate to contested facts, rather than contested law, this volume concerning facts as prime determinants of legal decisions presents an important contribution to the field for both scholars and practitioners.
Legal Evidence and Proof: Statistics, Stories, Logic (Applied Legal Philosophy).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34990
- 2014-02-14Legal Evidence and Proof: Statistics, Stories, Logic (Applied Legal Philosophy) (repost)
- 2012-01-12Massive Data Sets: Proceedings of a Workshop by Committee on Applied and Theoretical Statistics
- 2009-05-24Legal Evidence and Proof (Applied Legal Philosophy)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Little Apples: And Other Early Stories
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Statistical Physics and Spatial Statistics: The Art of Analyzing Spatial Structures and Pattern Formation - Removed
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Amazing Doctors and Nurses: Inspirational Stories
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Graph Structure and Monadic Second-Order Logic: A Language-Theoretic Approach (Encyclopedia of Mathematics and its Applications)
- 2017-12-19[PDF] DNA Evidence and Forensic Science (Library in a Book)
- 2017-12-17[PDF] The Lake and 17 Other Stories
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Something Rich and Strange: Selected Stories
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Digital Evidence and Computer Crime, Third Edition: Forensic Science, Computers, and the Internet
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Between Certainty and Uncertainty: Statistics and Probability in Five Units with Notes on Historical Origins and Illustrative Numerical Examples - Removed
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Watercolor Masters and Legends: Secrets, Stories and Techniques from 34 Visionary Artists
- 2017-12-08[PDF] Mathematical Analysis and Proof, Second Edition
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Quantum Stochastics and Information: Statistics, Filtering and Control
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Translating Evidence and Interpreting Testimony at a War Crimes Tribunal: Working in a Tug-of-War (Palgrave Studies in Languages at War) - Removed
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Quantifiers, Quantifiers, and Quantifiers: Themes in Logic, Metaphysics, and Language (Synthese Library) - Removed
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics for Engineers (Structural Engineering: Mechanics and Design)
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Silas Marner and Two Short Stories (Barnes & Noble Classics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.