Posted on 2017-12-01, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Wendy Palmer | Category: Management | Language: English | Page: 204 | ISBN: 1492946699 | ISBN13: 9781492946694 |
Description: Many leadership books present models for thinking and speaking, but very few address the role of the body in leading effectively. Yet, a great deal of the effect we have on others is carried by our physical presence. Our body postures hold the key to lowering emotional reactivity, while increasing our power, resilience and flexibility. Leadership Embodiment delivers a practical â€œuserâ€™s guideâ€ for effective embodied leadership, enabling practitioners to: â€¢ Project a powerful, open and expansive leadership presence â€¢ Create an inclusive atmosphere for collaboration and team work â€¢ Receive feedback and listen from a place of open curiosity, and â€¢ Stand their ground and speak the truth in the face of pressure Leadership Embodiment techniques are based on principles from the non-aggressive martial art of Aikido, mindfulness practices, and posture awareness. They are designed to mitigate the impact of the stress and intensity inherent in leadership and daily lifeâ€”like getting through a traffic jam, a promotion, a wedding, the loss of a job, winning a competition, making a production deadline, rallying a team after a loss, or making a product pitch. All leaders, be they CEOs, line supervisors, parents, consultants, care givers, administrators, teachers, coaches . . . can use these simple practices to learn to act with power, skill, and compassion. In part one of the book, Wendy Palmer offers simple postural practices that broaden our perspective, enhance interconnection and build confidence, accompanied by illustrations by Jen Mahoney. In part two, Janet Crawford pulls from cutting edge research in neuroscience and evolutionary biology to offer a biological explanation for the efficacy of the Leadership Embodiment techniques.
Leadership Embodiment: How the Way We Sit and Stand Can Change the Way We Think and Speak.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33979
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Leadership Blindspots: How Successful Leaders Identify and Overcome the Weaknesses That Matter
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Hidden Gospels: How the Search for Jesus Lost Its Way
- 2017-10-29[PDF] Leadership - Lessons from the Ancient World: How Learning from the Past Can Win You the Future
- 2017-10-05[PDF] Spend Shift: How the Post-Crisis Values Revolution Is Changing the Way We Buy, Sell, and Live
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Hidden Gospels: How the Search for Jesus Lost Its Way
- 2014-06-01The Leadership Advantage: How the Best Companies Are Developing Their Talent to Pave the Way for Future Success (repost)
- 2011-10-09The Art of SpeedReading People How to Size People Up and Speak Their Language by Paul D. Tieger
- 2010-07-31The Leadership Advantage: How the Best Companies Are Developing Their Talent to Pave the Way for Future Success (repost)
- 2009-03-03The Leadership Advantage: How the Best Companies Are Developing Their Talent to Pave the Way for Future Success
- 2008-07-03The Leadership Advantage: How the Best Companies Are Developing Their Talent to Pave the Way for Future Success
- 2018-01-29[PDF] i-Minds: How Cell Phones, Computers, Gaming, and Social Media are Changing our Brains, our Behavior, and the Evolution of our Species [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Dixie Betrayed: How the South Really Lost the Civil War
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Upside Down: How the Left Turned Right into Wrong, Truth into Lies, and Good into Bad
- 2018-01-25[PDF] State Capitalism: How the Return of Statism is Transforming the World
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Thinking Big: How the Evolution of Social Life Shaped the Human Mind
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Missing Microbes: How the Overuse of Antibiotics Is Fueling Our Modern Plagues [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Activism, Inc.: How the Outsourcing of Grassroots Campaigns Is Strangling Progressive Politics in America
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Life Unfolding: How the Human Body Creates Itself [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Charity Case: How the Nonprofit Community Can Stand Up For Itself and Really Change the World
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.