Posted on 2018-01-23, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Lee Marmon | Category: Photography | Language: English | Page: 224 | ISBN: 0826355358 | ISBN13: 9780826355355 |
Description: The distinguished American Indian photographer Lee Marmon has documented over sixty years of Laguna history: its people, customs, and cultural changes. Here more than one hundred of Marmonâ€™s photos showcase his talents while highlighting the cohesive, adaptive, and independent character of the Laguna people. Along with Marmonâ€™s own oral history of the tribe and his family photos dating back to 1872, Tom Corbett presents archival images and historical research, making this the most complete published history of any southwestern pueblo. Marmon and Corbett also interviewed noted tribal elders and oral historians regarding customs, religious practices, and events of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. The resulting narrative provides a fascinating story of survival through severe natural and man-made adversities, including droughts, plagues, marauding tribes, and cultural invasion. Through it all, Laguna has preserved its culture and retained sovereign powers over the pueblo and its territory. ABOUT THE CONTRIBUTORS Lee Marmon lives in his hometown, Laguna Pueblo, New Mexico. His interest in photography grew while he was serving in the U.S. Army during World War II. After the war, while working at his fatherâ€™s trading post, he photographed the main work in this collection, portraits of Laguna elders, which is now with the University of New Mexico. Tom Corbett is a physician who lived and practiced at Laguna Pueblo in the 1960s. He conceived the idea for this historical book while living among and caring for the Lagunas. It has been a work in progress since that time. He and Lee Marmon have been friends for fifty years.
Laguna Pueblo: A Photographic History.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35595
- 2020-08-05Laguna Pueblo: A Photographic History
- 2018-01-09[PDF] JG 54: A Photographic History of the Grunherzjager
- 2018-01-20[PDF] The All Americans in World War II: A Photographic History of the 82nd Airborne Division at War
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Moonshots and Snapshots of Project Apollo: A Rare Photographic History
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Legendary Farm Tractors: A Photographic History
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Stars in the Ring: Jewish Champions in the Golden Age of Boxing: A Photographic History
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Spaceshots and Snapshots of Projects Mercury and Gemini: A Rare Photographic History
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Into the Abyss: The Last Years of the Waffen SS 1943-45: A Photographic History
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Steel Bulwark: The Last Years of the German Panzerwaffe on the Eastern Front 1943-45, a photographic history
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Photographic History Of Civil War Ar
- 2013-04-28Into the Abyss: The Last Years of the Waffen SS 1943-45: A Photographic History - Ian Baxter (PDF)
- 2021-02-08Loving: A Photographic History of Men in Love 1850s-1950s (5 CONTINENTS ED)
- 2020-11-25Her Majesty. A Photographic History 1926–Today (EXTRA LARGE)
- 2020-04-20The Americans on D Day A Photographic History of the Normandy Invasion
- 2019-01-03Kitty Hawk and Beyond The Wright Brothers and the Early Years of Aviation A Photographic History
- 2018-08-14Buffalo Bill's Wild West Warriors A Photographic History by Gertrude Kasebier
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Our Earth: Its Climate, History, and Processes (2016)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Evening's Empire: A History of the Night in Early Modern Europe
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Western Civilization: A Brief History, Volume I by Spielvogel - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.