[PDF] Knowledge for Whom?: Public Sociology in the Making (Public Intellectuals and the Sociology of Knowledge)
Posted on 2017-11-07, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Christian Fleck | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 329 | ISBN: 1409434583 | ISBN13: 9781409434580 |
Description: This ground-breaking volume is a follow-up to 'Intellectuals and Their Publics'. In contrast to the earlier book, which was mainly concerned with the activity of intellectuals and how it relates to the public, this volume analyses what happens when sociology and sociologists engage with or serve various publics. More specifically, this problem will be studied from the following three angles: â€” How does one become a public sociologist and prominent intellectual in the first place? (Part I) â€” How complex and complicated are the stories of institutions and professional associations when they take on a public role or tackle a major social or political problem? (Part II) â€” How can one investigate the relationship between individual sociologists and intellectuals and their various publics? (Part III) This book will be of interest academics and students working in the fields of the sociology of knowledge and ideas, the history of social sciences, intellectual history, cultural sociology, and cultural studies.
Knowledge for Whom?: Public Sociology in the Making (Public Intellectuals and the Sociology of Knowledge).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33227
- 2020-12-16Knowledge for Whom Public Sociology in the Making
- 2020-05-07Knowledge for Whom?: Public Sociology in the Making (Public Intellectuals and the Sociology of Knowledge)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Reviewing Political Criticism: Journals, Intellectuals, and the State (Public Intellectuals and the Sociology of Knowledge)
- 2020-05-09Reviewing Political Criticism: Journals, Intellectuals, and the State (Public Intellectuals and the Sociology of Knowledge)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Quest for an American Sociology: Robert E. Park and the Chicago School
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Thinking for a Living (2nd Ed.)The Coming Age of Knowledge Work
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Not for Profit: Why Democracy Needs the Humanities (The Public Square)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Integration for Third-Country Nationals in the European Union
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Curriculum for Culturally Responsive Health Care: The Step-by-Step Guide for Cultural Competence Training
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Playbook for Progressives: 16 Qualities of the Successful Organizer
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Searching for Wisdom In Movies: From the Book of Job to Sublime Conversations - Removed
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Lobbying in Europe: Public Affairs and the Lobbying Industry in 28 EU Countries - Removed
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Rules for Scientific Research in Economics: The Alpha-Beta Method - Removed
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Activities for English Language Learners Across the Curriculum (Classroom Resources)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Biophysics for Beginners: A Journey through the Cell Nucleus
- 2018-01-21[PDF] School for SPIES #3 Ends of the Earth
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Searching for Sustainability: Interdisciplinary Essays in the Philosophy of Conservation Biology (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy and Biology)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Chosen for Greatness: How Adoption Changes the World
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Waiting for Pushkin: Russian Fiction in the Reign of Alexander I (1801-1825) (Studies in Slavic Literature and Poetics 44) [Russian]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.