Posted on 2018-01-15, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Rhonda Martens | Publisher: Princeton University Press | Category: Astronomy and Cosmology | Language: English | Page: 216 | ISBN: 0691050694 | ISBN13: 9780691050690 |
Description: Johannes Kepler contributed importantly to every field he addressed. He changed the face of astronomy by abandoning principles that had been in place for two millennia, made important discoveries in optics and mathematics, and was an uncommonly good philosopher. Generally, however, Kepler's philosophical ideas have been dismissed as irrelevant and even detrimental to his legacy of scientific accomplishment. Here, Rhonda Martens offers the first extended study of Kepler's philosophical views and shows how those views helped him construct and justify the new astronomy. Martens notes that since Kepler became a Copernican before any empirical evidence supported Copernicus over the entrenched Ptolemaic system, his initial reasons for preferring Copernicanism were not telescope observations but rather methodological and metaphysical commitments. Further, she shows that Kepler's metaphysics supported the strikingly modern view of astronomical method that led him to discover the three laws of planetary motion and to wed physics and astronomy a key development in the scientific revolution.
Kepler's Philosophy and the New Astronomy.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35347
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Kepler's Philosophy and the New Astronomy
- 2012-01-18Kepler's Philosophy and the New Astronomy (Repost)
- 2010-09-01Rhonda Martens â€“ Kepler's Philosophy and the New Astronomy
- 2017-10-16[PDF] Johannes Kepler: And the New Astronomy
- 2017-01-09[PDF] Johannes Kepler: And the New Astronomy
- 2012-02-12Old Pine Bar - The New Yankee Workshop
- 2012-02-12Morris Chair - The New Yankee Workshop
- 2021-01-25Johannes Kepler and the new astronomy
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Physics at Seventeenth and Eighteen Century Leiden: Philosophy and the new science in the university - Removed
- 2011-09-04Johannes Kepler and the New Astronomy
- 2011-06-30Johannes Kepler: And the New Astronomy
- 2008-12-31Johannes Kepler: And the New Astronomy
- 2008-12-06Johannes Kepler and the New Astronomy
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Beyond Perestroika: Axiology and the New Russian Entrepreneurs (Hartman Institute Axiology Studies) [Russian]
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Erotic Justice: Law and the New Politics of Postcolonialism
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Imperial Designs: Neoconservatism and the New Pax Americana
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Petrostate: Putin, Power, and the New Russia
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Franklin D. Roosevelt and the New Deal: 1932-1940
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Encyclopedia of Philosophy and the Social Sciences
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.