[PDF] Kant and the Scandal of Philosophy: The Kantian Critique of Cartesian Scepticism (Toronto Studies in Philosophy)
Posted on 2018-01-27, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Luigi Caranti | Publisher: University of Toronto Press, Scholarly Publishing Division | Category: Philosophy | Language: English | Page: 228 | ISBN: 0802091326 | ISBN13: 9780802091321 |
Description: Kant considered it to be scandalous that philosophy still had not found a rational proof of the existence of the external world during his time. Arguably, the scandal continues today because scepticism remains a widely debated and extremely divisive issue among contemporary thinkers. Although scholars have devoted considerable attention to Kant's arguments against Cartesian scepticism, the literature still presents gaps and inaccuracies that obscure a full understanding of this issue and its significance for contemporary philosophy. In Kant and the Scandal of Philosophy, Luigi Caranti corrects this omission, providing a thorough historical analysis of Kant's anti-sceptical arguments from the pre-critical period up to the 'Reflexionen zum Idealismus' (1788-93). Caranti demonstrates how reconstructing Kant's critique of scepticism is crucial for understanding the origin of his philosophy and for avoiding serious mistakes that still serve as obstacles to the proper understanding of the Critique of Pure Reason. In particular, Caranti shows how the sceptical challenge leads Kant to the critical stage of his thought. Moreover, this study responds to recent criticism of transcendental idealism, showing how it can serve as the main premise of a powerful anti-sceptical argument whose main structure is suggested by Kant in the 1781 Fourth Paralogism. Erudite and engaging, Kant and the Scandal of Philosophy fills an important void in the literature and breathes new life into this field of inquiry.
Kant and the Scandal of Philosophy: The Kantian Critique of Cartesian Scepticism (Toronto Studies in Philosophy).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35702
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Kant and the Concept of Race: Late Eighteenth-Century Writings (SUNY Series, Philosophy and Race (Hardcover))
- 2017-10-05[PDF] Kant and the New Philosophy of Religion (Indiana Series in the Philosophy of Religion)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Kant and the New Philosophy of Religion (Indiana Series in the Philosophy of Religion)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Kant and the Exact Sciences
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Kant and the Interests of Reason (Kantstudien-Erganzungshefte)
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Kant and the Ends of Aesthetics
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Time and the Shared World: Heidegger on Social Relations (Studies in Phenomenology and Existential Philosophy)
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Kant and the Platypus: Essays on Language and Cognition
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Kant and the Power of Imagination
- 2017-02-06[PDF] Kant and the Ends of Aesthetics
- 2017-01-09[PDF] Kant and the Platypus: Essays on Language and Cognition
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Sustainability and the Art of Long-Term Thinking (Routledge Studies in Sustainability)
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Japan and the Great Divergence: A Short Guide (Palgrave Studies in Economic History) - Removed
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Ontology and the Lexicon: A Natural Language Processing Perspective (Studies in Natural Language Processing)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Terrorism and the Politics of Response (Routledge Critical Terrorism Studies)
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Archaeology and the Postcolonial Critique (Archaeology in Society)
- 2017-10-25Nietzsche's Engagements with Kant and the Kantian Legacy (3 Volumes)
- 2017-10-15[PDF] Einstein and the Changing Worldviews of Physics (Birkhauser Einstein Studies) - Removed
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Terrorism and the Politics of Response (Routledge Critical Terrorism Studies)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.