Posted on 2018-01-16, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Michael Friedman | Publisher: Harvard University Press | Category: Philosophy | Language: English | Page: 378 | ISBN: 0674500369 | ISBN13: 9780674500365 |
Description: Kant sought throughout his life to provide a philosophy adequate to the sciences of his time especially Euclidean geometry and Newtonian physics. In this new book, Michael Friedman argues that Kant's continuing efforts to find a metaphysics that could provide a foundation for the sciences is of the utmost importance in understanding the development of his philosophical thought from its earliest beginnings in the thesis of 1747, through the Critique of Pure Reason, to his last unpublished writings in the Opus postumum. Previous commentators on Kant have typically minimized these efforts because the sciences in question have since been outmoded. Friedman argues that, on the contrary, Kant's philosophy is shaped by extraordinarily deep insight into the foundations of the exact sciences as he found them, and that this represents one of the greatest strengths of his philosophy. Friedman examines Kant's engagement with geometry, arithmetic and algebra, the foundations of mechanics, and the law of gravitation in Part One. He then devotes Part Two to the Opus postumum, showing how Kant's need to come to terms with developments in the physics of heat and in chemistry formed a primary motive for his projected Transition from the Metaphysical Foundations of Natural Science to Physics. Kant and the Exact Sciences is a book of high scholarly achievement, argued with impressive power. It represents a great advance in our understanding of Kant's philosophy of science.
Kant and the Exact Sciences.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35371
- 2013-12-14Kant and the Exact Sciences (repost)
- 2012-01-05Kant and the Exact Sciences
- 2012-03-16Analysis and Interpretation in the Exact Sciences: Essays in Honour of William Demopoulos (The Western Ontario Series in Philosophy of Science) By Melanie Frappier (Editor), Derek Brown (Editor), Robert DiSalle (Editor)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Meaning and the Moral Sciences (Routledge Revivals) (Volume 5)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Kant and the Scandal of Philosophy: The Kantian Critique of Cartesian Scepticism (Toronto Studies in Philosophy)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Hermeneutics and the Human Sciences: Essays on Language, Action and Interpretation (Cambridge Philosophy Classics)
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Kant and the Concept of Race: Late Eighteenth-Century Writings (SUNY Series, Philosophy and Race (Hardcover))
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Kant and the Interests of Reason (Kantstudien-Erganzungshefte)
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Kant and the Ends of Aesthetics
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Psychoanalysis and the Human Sciences (European Perspectives: A Series in Social Thought and Cultural Criticism)
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Kant and the Platypus: Essays on Language and Cognition
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Kant and the Power of Imagination
- 2017-10-05[PDF] Kant and the New Philosophy of Religion (Indiana Series in the Philosophy of Religion)
- 2017-02-06[PDF] Kant and the Ends of Aesthetics
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Kant and the New Philosophy of Religion (Indiana Series in the Philosophy of Religion)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Psychoanalysis and the Human Sciences (European Perspectives: A Series in Social Thought and Cultural Criticism)
- 2017-01-09[PDF] Kant and the Platypus: Essays on Language and Cognition
- 2011-08-23Information and Communications: Challenges for the Chemical Sciences in the 21st Century
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Metaphysical Myths, Mathematical Practice: The Ontology and Epistemology of the Exact Sciences
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.