Posted on 2017-10-21, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Richard Parker | Category: Economy | Language: English | Page: 1 | ISBN: 0002007010 |
Description: The life and times of America's most celebrated economist, assessing his lessons-and warnings-for us today John Kenneth Galbraith's books-among them The Affluent Society and American Capitalism-are famous for good reason. Written by a scholar renowned for energetic political engagement and irrepressible wit, they are models of provocative good sense that warn prophetically of the dangers of deregulated markets, war in Asia, corporate greed, and stock-market bubbles. Galbraith's work has also deeply-and controversially-influenced his own profession, and in Richard Parker's hands his biography becomes a vital reinterpretation of American economics and public policy. Born and raised on a small Canadian farm, Galbraith began teaching at Harvard during the Depression. He was FDR's "price czar" during the war and then a senior editor of Fortune before returning to Harvard and to fame as a bestselling writer. Parker shows how, from his early championing of Keynes to his acerbic analysis of America's "private wealth and public squalor," Galbraith regularly challenged prevailing theories and policies. And his account of Galbraith's remarkable friendship with John F. Kennedy, whom he served as a close advisor while ambassador to India, is especially relevant for its analysis of the intense, dynamic debates that economists and politicians can have over how America should manage its wealth and power. This masterful chronicle gives color, depth, and meaning to the record of an extraordinary life.
John Kenneth Galbraith: His Life, His Politics, His Economics.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32606
- 2016-12-21[PDF] John Kenneth Galbraith: His Life, His Politics, His Economics
- 2018-10-13John Kenneth Galbraith His Life, His Politics, His Economics
- 2017-11-22[PDF] John Oman and his Doctrine of God
- 2018-01-28[PDF] John Steinbeck: A Literary Life (Literary Lives) - Removed
- 2017-12-28[PDF] John Locke and Modern Life
- 2017-12-08[PDF] The Real North Korea: Life and Politics in the Failed Stalinist Utopia
- 2017-10-12[PDF] John Aubrey: My Own Life
- 2017-01-11[PDF] The Real North Korea: Life and Politics in the Failed Stalinist Utopia
- 2013-07-29The Economics of John Kenneth Galbraith: Introduction, Persuasion, and Rehabilitation
- 2013-07-27The Economics of John Kenneth Galbraith: Introduction, Persuasion, and Rehabilitation
- 2013-06-09The Economics of John Kenneth Galbraith: Introduction, Persuasion, and Rehabilitation (repost)
- 2012-09-30John Kenneth Galbraith and the Future of Economics - Removed
- 2011-10-07A Short History of Financial Euphoria
- 2011-10-04A Short History of Financial Euphoria
- 2011-05-13The Economics of John Kenneth Galbraith: Introduction, Persuasion, and Rehabilitation
- 2009-04-12Economist With a Public Purpose: Essays in Honour of John Kenneth Galbraith
- 2009-02-25[request]The Great Crash 1929 - Removed
- 2017-12-27[PDF] John Steinbeck: A Literary Reference to His Life and Work (Literary a to Z Series) - Removed
- 2018-01-31[PDF] E.H. Norman: His Life and Scholarship
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.