Posted on 2017-11-08, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Svend Brinkmann | Category: Philosophy | Language: English | Page: 209 | ISBN: 1412852730 | ISBN13: 9781412852739 |
Description: John Dewey was an American psychologist, philosopher, educator, social critic, and political activist. John Dewey: Science for a Changing World addresses Deweyâ€™s contemporary relevance his life and intellectual trajectory his basic philosophical ideas, with an emphasis on his philosophy of nature and his educational theory, which has often been misunderstood. In addition, Deweyâ€™s pragmatism and pragmatist ethics are discussed, as are some of the criticisms that can be directed at them. Throughout the book, Deweyâ€™s ideas are related to the general history of ideas, but there is also a constant focus on how Dewey may assist us in solving some of the problems that face us in a so-called postmodern era. This book is the first to offer an interpretation of John Deweyâ€™s works with particular emphasis on his contribution to psychology. John Dewey distinguished himself by combining a culturalist approach to human life with a naturalistic one. He was an avowed naturalist and follower of Darwin, and Brinkmann shows how his non-reductionist, naturalist psychology can serve as a much-needed correction to contemporary forms of "evolutionary psychology." Deweyâ€™s psychology, however, is not an isolated element in his thinking as a whole, so the author also provides an introduction to the philosophical, ethical, and educational ideas that go hand-in-hand with his psychology. In the past couple of decades, there has been a renaissance of pragmatist ideas in philosophy, political theory, and education. Scholars are returning to the writings of William James, Charles Peirce, George Herbert Mead, and John Dewey. This book continues the fine tradition of Transactionâ€™s History and Theory of Psychology series.
John Dewey: Science for a Changing World.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33253
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Scientific American Environmental Science for a Changing World - Removed
- 2017-10-12[PDF] Uncertain Knowledge: An Image of Science for a Changing World
- 2019-07-10Advancing Geoinformation Science for a Changing World
- 2017-10-10[PDF] Shaper Nations: Strategies for a Changing World
- 2017-09-12Environmental Science for a Changing World (2nd Edition) - Removed
- 2017-04-15[PDF] Scientific American Biology for a Changing World (2nd edition) - Removed
- 2017-04-02Advancing Geoinformation Science for a Changing World - Removed
- 2016-07-19Scientific American Environmental Science for a Changing World, 2 edition - Removed
- 2011-05-27Advancing Geoinformation Science for a Changing World (Lecture Notes in Geoinformation and Cartography)
- 2011-04-01Advancing Geoinformation Science for a Changing World
- 2018-01-20[PDF] 'Biology for a Changing World' (Scientific American)
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Operational Auditing: Principles and Techniques for a Changing World (Internal Audit and IT Audit)
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Linking Ecology and Ethics for a Changing World: Values, Philosophy, and Action - Removed
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Biology for a Changing World
- 2017-11-20[PDF] John Dewey's Philosophy of Education: An Introduction and Recontextualization for Our Times
- 2017-11-20[PDF] John Dewey's Philosophy of Education: An Introduction and Recontextualization for Our Times - Removed
- 2017-11-12[PDF] International Handbook of Education for the Changing World of Work: Bridging Academic and Vocational Learning (Editorial Advisory Board: Unesco-Unevoc Handbooks and Book Series)(6 volume set) - Removed
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Tomorrow's Innovators: Essential Skills for a Changing World
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Adventurous Learning: A Pedagogy for a Changing World
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.