[PDF] Islam in Hong Kong: Muslims and Everyday Life in China's World City (Hong Kong Culture and Society)
Posted on 2018-01-27, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Paul O'Connor | Publisher: Hong Kong University Press | Category: Buddhism | Language: English | Page: 256 | ISBN: 9888139576 | ISBN13: 9789888139576 |
Description: More than a quarter of a million Muslims live and work in Hong Kong. Among them are descendants of families who have been in the city for generations, recent immigrants from around the world, and growing numbers of migrant workers. Islam in Hong Kong explores the lives of Muslims as ethnic and religious minorities in this unique postcolonial Chinese city. Drawing on interviews with Muslims of different origins, O'Connor builds a detailed picture of daily life through topical chapters on language, space, religious education, daily prayers, maintaining a halal diet in a Chinese environment, racism, and other subjects. Although the picture that emerges is complex and ambiguous, one striking conclusion is that Muslims in Hong Kong generally find acceptance as a community and do not consider themselves to be victimised because of their religion.
Islam in Hong Kong: Muslims and Everyday Life in China's World City (Hong Kong Culture and Society).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35702
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Islam in Hong Kong: Muslims and Everyday Life in China's World City (Hong Kong Culture and Society)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Digital Material: Tracing New Media in Everyday Life and Technology (MediaMatters)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Economics Through Everyday Life: From China and Chili Dogs to Marx and Marijuana
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Islam in Context: Past, Present, and Future
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Islam, the Ancient Near East and Varieties of Godlessness (Islamic History and Civilization)
- 2017-11-22[PDF] Islam in Europe: Diversity, Identity and Influence
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Cultures in Conflict: Christians, Muslims, and Jews in the Age of Discovery
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Islam in Europe: Public Spaces and Civic Networks (Islam and Nationalism) - Removed
- 2017-10-29[PDF] The Beach Beneath the Street: The Everyday Life and Glorious Times of the Situationist International
- 2017-10-13[PDF] American Heretics: Catholics, Jews, Muslims, and the History of Religious Intolerance - Removed
- 2017-04-07[PDF] The Violent Pilgrimage: Christians, Muslims and Holy Conflicts, 850-1150
- 2017-01-09[PDF] Cultures in Conflict: Christians, Muslims, and Jews in the Age of Discovery
- 2011-09-18Civilization and Capitalism, 15th-18th Century, Vol. I: The Structure of Everyday Life
- 2020-07-01Economics Through Everyday Life: From China and Chili Dogs to Marx and Marijuana
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Reading Rio de Janeiro: Literature and Society in the Nineteenth Century
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Rohit Parikh on Logic, Language and Society (Outstanding Contributions to Logic) - Removed
- 2018-01-27[PDF] The SAGE Encyclopedia of Economics and Society
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Rhetoric in Neoliberalism (Rhetoric, Politics and Society) - Removed
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Collecting Food, Cultivating People: Subsistence and Society in Central Africa (Yale Agrarian Studies Series)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.