Posted on 2018-01-13, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Helen Josephine Baroni | Publisher: State University of New York Press | Category: Philosophy | Language: English | Page: 270 | ISBN: 0791468925 | ISBN13: 9780791468920 |
Description: Looks at the contributions of a major figure in Buddhism and provides translations of his writings. Tetsugen Dk (16301682) is perhaps the best known baku Zen monk in Japan and the West. He is credited with producing the first complete wood block edition of the Chinese Buddhist scriptures in Japan. Many older Japanese still remember reading about Tetsugen in school textbooks used in the first half of the twentieth century. Those textbooks included a lesson about Tetsugen that recounted a traditional legend: Tetsugen twice used the funds he had arduously raised for printing the scriptures to feed the victims of various natural disasters, and only with his third effort did he succeed in completing his original goal of printing the scriptures. In recent years, Tetsugen has been the subject of a television movie as well as several books geared toward a popular reading audience. Even among Western followers of Zen, his story has become well known and his name appears on numerous Buddhist websites. As is often the case, popular stories related to an historical figure are partly historical and partly legendary. The following chapters will explore both aspects of Tetsugens story, and serve as an introduction to the translations of Tetsugens writings that follow. Before turning attention to Tetsugen himself, however, an overview of the broader religious context in which he lived and worked may be helpful.
Iron Eyes: The Life And Teachings of Obaku Zen Master Tetsugen Doko.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35297
- 2009-08-12Solomon's Ring: The Life and Teachings of a Sufi Master (Sacred Literature Series)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Lion of Siddhas: The Life and Teachings of Padampa Sangye
- 2017-12-05[PDF] Our Thoughts Determine Our Lives: the Life and Teachings of Elder Thaddeus of Vitovnica
- 2017-11-25[PDF] Rebbe: The Life and Teachings of Menachem M. Schneerson, the Most Influential Rabbi in Modern History
- 2017-10-17[PDF] A Navajo Legacy: The Life and Teachings of John Holiday (The Civilization of the American Indian Series)
- 2017-10-14[PDF] Frithjof Schuon: The Life and Esoteric Teachings of Frithjof Schuon (SUNY Series in Western Esoteric Traditions)
- 2016-12-28[PDF] Rebbe: The Life and Teachings of Menachem M. Schneerson, the Most Influential Rabbi in Modern History
- 2012-05-18The Illustrated Red Baron: The Life and Times of Manfred von Richthofen
- 2012-03-07Wizard: The Life and Times of Nikola Tesla: Biography of a Genius (Audiobook) By Marc J. Seifer, read by Simon Prebble
- 2021-04-24Our Thoughts Determine Our Lives: The Life and Teachings of Elder Thaddeus of Vitovnica
- 2020-12-30The Life and Teachings of Hillel
- 2020-10-22Yogiraj: The Life And Teachings of Shri Shankar Maharaj
- 2020-06-13Rebbe: The Life and Teachings of Menachem M. Schneerson, the Most Influential Rabbi in Modern History
- 2019-01-15The First Karmapa The Life and Teachings of Dusum Khyenpa
- 2019-01-10The First Karmapa The Life and Teachings of Dusum Khyenpa
- 2018-07-15The Life and Teachings of Tsongkhapa
- 2018-06-23The Life and Teachings of Tsongkhapa
- 2018-06-12The Life and Teachings of Tsongkhapa
- 2018-04-22Our Thoughts Determine Our Lives the Life and Teachings of Elder Thaddeus of Vitovnica
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.