Posted on 2017-12-19, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Daniel Lynwood Smith | Category: Religion Other | Language: English | Page: 256 | ISBN: 0567657035 | ISBN13: 9780567657039 |
Description: Daniel Lynwood Smith orients readers of the New Testament to its historical and cultural settings, introducing the cast of characters, and illuminating key concepts by exploring their use in ancient texts. Smith includes quotations from many primary sources including Josephus, Tacitus, the Qumran Community, Pliny the Younger, and other carefully chosen texts from lesser-known ancient sources. These texts are all carefully woven together with commentary, to provide a narrative framework for the material and guide students through the text. A glossary of complex terms is provided, to make everything as clear as possible for the newcomer to New Testament studies. This integrative approach both introduces the key sources to the reader and elaborates on their significance for understanding the New Testament. In an admirably concise format Smith is able to cover the military-political history of Israel-Palestine, the messianic movements of Second Temple Judaism, the ancient practice of crucifixion and the development of the Christian canon. Through immersion in these ancient Jewish, Christian, and Greco-Roman texts and contexts, contemporary readers take a step closer to experiencing the New Testament with first-century eyes and ears.
Into the World of the New Testament: Greco-Roman and Jewish Texts and Contexts.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34514
- 2012-02-12Old Pine Bar - The New Yankee Workshop
- 2012-02-12Morris Chair - The New Yankee Workshop
- 2011-09-04Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy
- 2011-05-19Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy: Report of a Symposium
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Preaching the New Testament
- 2018-01-15[PDF] The Greek Imperative Mood in the New Testament: A Cognitive and Communicative Approach (Studies in Biblical Greek)
- 2017-12-05[PDF] Does the New Testament Imitate Homer?: Four Cases from the Acts of the Apostles
- 2017-10-29[PDF] Introducing the New Testament: A Historical, Literary, and Theological Survey
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Baptism, the New Testament and the Church: Historical and Contemporary Studies in Honour of R.E.O. White (The Library of New Testament Studies)
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Does the New Testament Imitate Homer?: Four Cases from the Acts of the Apostles
- 2012-02-05Lost Scriptures: Books that Did Not Make It into the New Testament
- 2010-05-15Books that Did Not Make It into the New Testament
- 2009-07-28Lost Scriptures: Books that Did Not Make It into the New Testament
- 2008-11-12Lost Scriptures: Books that Did Not Make It into the New Testament
- 2018-10-31Theology of the New Testament a canonical and synthetic approach
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Decoding the New Consumer Mind: How and Why We Shop and Buy
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Communicating The New: Methods to Shape and Accelerate Innovation
- 2017-12-03[PDF] 2015 The New Astrology Horoscopes: Chinese and Western
- 2016-12-22The Greek Imperative Mood in the New Testament A Cognitive and Communicative Approach
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.