Posted on 2018-01-03, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Till Roenneberg | Category: Popular science | Language: English | Page: 288 | ISBN: 0674065859 | ISBN13: 9780674065857 |
Description: Early birds and night owls are born, not made. Sleep patterns may be the most obvious manifestation of the highly individualized biological clocks we inherit, but these clocks also regulate bodily functions from digestion to hormone levels to cognition. Living at odds with our internal timepieces, Till Roenneberg shows, can make us chronically sleep deprived and more likely to smoke, gain weight, feel depressed, fall ill, and fail geometry. By understanding and respecting our internal time, we can live better. Internal Time combines storytelling with accessible science tutorials to explain how our internal clocks work-for example, why morning classes are so unpopular and why "lazy" adolescents are wise to avoid them. We learn why the constant twilight of our largely indoor lives makes us dependent on alarm clocks and tired, and why social demands and work schedules lead to a social jet lag that compromises our daily functioning. Many of the factors that make us early or late "chronotypes" are beyond our control, but that doesn't make us powerless. Roenneberg recommends that the best way to sync our internal time with our external environment and feel better is to get more sunlight. Such simple steps as cycling to work and eating breakfast outside may be the tickets to a good night's sleep, better overall health, and less grouchiness in the morning.
Internal Time: Chronotypes, Social Jet Lag, and Why You're So Tired.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34994
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Internal Time: Chronotypes, Social Jet Lag, and Why You're So Tired
- 2019-01-31Internal Time Chronotypes, Social Jet Lag, and Why You're So Tired [Audiobook]
- 2017-06-18Internal Time Chronotypes, Social Jet Lag, And Why You're So Tired
- 2016-07-01Internal Time Chronotypes, Social Jet Lag, and Why You're So Tired
- 2014-02-23Internal Time: Chronotypes, Social Jet Lag, and Why You're So Tired
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Warren Buffett Invests Like a Girl: And Why You Should, Too (Motley Fool Books)
- 2017-10-18[PDF] USB Type-C - What It Is and Why You'll Want it
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Life Time Contracts: Social Long-term Contracts in Labour, Tenancy and Consumer Credit Law
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Psychology of Social Networking: Identity and Relationships in Online Communities
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Electromagnetic Time Reversal: Application to EMC and Power Systems
- 2018-01-18[PDF] 20 Terrific Mini-Plays that Build Reading Skills: 20 Engaging, Easy Read-Aloud Plays to Kick Off and Enrich the Key Social Studies, Science, and ... Topics You Teach-and Build Reading Fluency
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Internal Credit Risk Models: Capital Allocation and Performance Measurement
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Internal Combustion Engines: Performance, Fuel Economy and Emissions
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Introduction to Computational Social Science: Principles and Applications (Texts in Computer Science) - Removed
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Continuous Time Dynamical Systems: State Estimation and Optimal Control with Orthogonal Functions
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Family Time: The Social Organization of Care (Routledge IAFFE Advances in Feminist Economics)
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Climate Time Series Analysis: Classical Statistical and Bootstrap Methods (Atmospheric and Oceanographic Sciences Library) - Removed
- 2017-12-10[PDF] The Scope of Social Psychology: Theory and Applications (A Festschrift for Wolfgang Stroebe) (Psychology Press Festschrift Series) - Removed
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Real-Time Analytics: Techniques to Analyze and Visualize Streaming Data
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.