[PDF] I Will Hold: The Story of USMC Legend Clifton B. Cates, from Belleau Wood to Victory in the Great War
Posted on 2018-01-29, by luongquocchinh.
Author: James Carl Nelson | Category: Non-fiction | Language: English | Page: 352 | ISBN: 0425281485 | ISBN13: 9780425281482 |
Description: Winner of the Marine Corps Heritage Foundation 2017 Colonel Joseph Alexander Award for Biography The incredible true story of Clifton B. Lucky Cates, whose service in World War I and beyond made him a legend in the annals of the Marine Corps. Cates knew that he and his small band of marines were in a desperate spot. Before handing the note over to a runner, he added three words that would resound through Marine Corps history: I WILL HOLD From the moment he first joined the Marine Reserves of the American Expeditionary Force in World War I, Clifton B. Cates was determined to make his mark as a leader. Little did he know what he would truly accomplish in his legendary career. Not as well-known as his contemporaries such as Alvin C. York, his fame would not come from a single act of heroism but from his consistent and courageous demeanor throughout the war and beyond. In the bloody second half of 1918 with the 6th Marine Regiment, he was awarded the Navy Cross, the Distinguished Service Cross, the Purple Heart, the Silver Star, was recognized by the French government with the Legion of Honor and the Croix de Guerre, and earned the nickname Lucky. I Will Hold is the inspiring, brutally vivid, and incredible true life story of a Marine Corps legend whose grit and unstoppable spirit on the battlefield matched his personal drive and sage wisdom off of it.
I Will Hold: The Story of USMC Legend Clifton B. Cates, from Belleau Wood to Victory in the Great War.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35782
- 2018-01-31[PDF] A History of the Great War: 1914-1918
- 2018-01-27[PDF] British Aircraft Before the Great War: (Schiffer Aviation History)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] French Aeroplanes Before the Great War: (Schiffer Military History)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Durham City in the Great War (Towns and Cities)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] French Tanks of the Great War: Development, Tactics and Operations
- 2018-01-18[PDF] French Cinema and the Great War: Remembrance and Representation (Film and History) [French]
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Nurse Writers of the Great War (Nursing History and Humanities Mup)
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Sergeant Wolinski and the Great War
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Corporal Hitler and the Great War 1914-1918: The List Regiment
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Boy Soldiers of the Great War
- 2017-12-20[PDF] American Cinematographers in the Great War, 1914-1918
- 2017-12-19[PDF] San Antonio in the Great War (Images of America)
- 2017-12-17[PDF] A Doctor in The Great War: Unseen Photographs of Life in the Trenches
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Spies in Arabia: The Great War and the Cultural Foundations of Britain's Covert Empire in the Middle East
- 2017-12-06[PDF] August 1914: France, the Great War, and a Month That Changed the World Forever
- 2017-12-01[PDF] No Better Death: The Great War Diaries and Letters of William G. Malone
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Shamrock Battalion in the Great War
- 2017-11-22[PDF] Castle Point in the Great War (Your Towns and Cities in the Great War)
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Irish regiments in the Great War: Discipline and Morale
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.