Posted on 2017-12-14, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Oakley Hall | Publisher: Story Press | Category: English | Language: English | Page: 240 | ISBN: 1884910491 | ISBN13: 9781884910494 |
Description: In How Fiction Works, Oakley Hall expands upon and broadens the instruction that made The Art and Craft of Novel Writing so successful. This new book covers all forms and lengths of fiction, probes deeper into every topic, offers new examples and includes exercises and the end of every chapter. He explains the basic and finer points of the fiction-writing process from word choice and imagery to authority and viewpoint. The book is divided into three sections, beginning with "The Basics." In this section, Hall explores the micro elements of storytelling, such as details, word choice, images, symbol and metaphor. He then moves on! to "The Elements," which covers the primary elements of fiction: point of view, characterization and plot. Citing numerous examples from classic and contemporary work, he shows readers how these elements function separately and in concert. Finally, the focus shifts to the specific types of fiction - short shorts, short stories, novellas, and novels - also known as "The Forms." Each form presents a unique challenge to the writer, and Hall explains how to meet those challenges. Beginning, as well as more advanced writers, will find much to like about this book.
How Fiction Works: The Last Word on Writing Fiction, from Basics to the Fine Points.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34370
- 2018-01-27[PDF] How Life Works: The Inside Word from a Biochemist
- 2018-01-15[PDF] How it Works: The Dad (Ladybirds for Grown-Ups)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] How Coaching Works: The essential guide to the history and practice of effective coaching
- 2017-12-26[PDF] How It Works : The Railway Train
- 2017-10-28[PDF] How Software Works: The Magic Behind Encryption, CGI, Search Engines, and Other Everyday Technologies
- 2017-10-17[PDF] How Nature Works: the science of self-organized criticality (Copernicus, 1999) - Removed
- 2017-10-08[PDF] How Pleasure Works: The New Science of Why We Like What We Like
- 2017-02-09[PDF] How Pleasure Works: The New Science of Why We Like What We Like - Removed
- 2017-02-09[PDF] How Nature Works: the science of self-organized criticality (Copernicus, 1999)
- 2018-12-29How Fiction Works The Last Word on Writing Fiction, from Basics to the Fine Points
- 2018-12-28How Fiction Works The Last Word on Writing Fiction, from Basics to the Fine Points
- 2011-01-18How Fiction Works: The Last Word on Writing Fiction
- 2011-01-08How Fiction Works: The Last Word on Writing Fiction, from Basics to the Fine Points
- 2010-09-04How Fiction Works: The Last Word on Writing Fiction, from Basics to the Fine Points
- 2019-07-25%(Recommended) - Why You Should Read How Fascism Works: The Politics of Us and Them by Jason Stanley Online or Download [MOBI EPUB PDF] - Removed
- 2018-01-25[PDF] How it Works Book of The Human Body Third Revised Edition
- 2018-01-22[PDF] How It Works Book of the Human Body 6th Edition
- 2018-01-20[PDF] How Sex Works: Why We Look, Smell, Taste, Feel, and Act the Way We Do [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-01[PDF] How Baking Works: Exploring the Fundamentals of Baking Science
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.