Posted on 2017-11-22, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Marc Gopin | Publisher: Oxford University Press | Category: Religion Other | Language: English | Page: 288 | ISBN: 0195146506 | ISBN13: 9780195146509 |
Description: The Intifada of 2000-2001 has demonstrated the end of an era of diplomacy in the Arab-Israeli conflict. The style of peacemaking of the Olso Accords has been called into question by the facts on the ground. Elite forms of peacemaking that do not embrace the basic needs of average people on all sides are bound to fail. The complete neglect of deeper cultural and religious systems in the peace process is now apparent, as is the role that this neglect has played in the failure of the process. Building on his earlier book, Between Eden and Armageddon , Gopin provides a detailed blueprint of how the religious traditions in question can become a principal asset in the search for peace and justice. He demonstrates how religious people can be the critical missing link in peacemaking, and how the incorporation of their values and symbols can unleash a new dynamic that directly addresses basic issues of ethics, justice, and peace. Gopin's analysis of the theoretical, theological, and political planes shows us what has been achieved thus far, as well as what must be done next in order to ensure effective final settlement negotiations and secure, sovereign, democratic countries for both peoples.
Holy War, Holy Peace: How Religion Can Bring Peace to the Middle East.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33692
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Holy War, Holy Peace: How Religion Can Bring Peace to the Middle East
- 2008-01-18Holy War, Holy Peace: How Religion Can Bring Peace to the Middle East - Removed
- 2007-12-14Holy War, Holy Peace: How Religion Can Bring Peace to the Middle East
- 2018-01-17[PDF] iWar: War and Peace in the Information Age
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Cold War New England: How One Region Fought to Keep the Cold War from Getting Hot
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Brokers of Deceit: How the U.S. Has Undermined Peace in the Middle East
- 2017-11-15[PDF] How to Make Peace in the Middle East in Six Months or Less: Without Leaving Your Apartment
- 2017-12-02[PDF] The Israeli Solution: A One-State Plan for Peace in the Middle East
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Media and Peace in the Middle East: The Role of Journalism in Israel-Palestine (Palgrave Studies in Compromise after Conflict) - Removed
- 2017-02-08[PDF] The Israeli Solution: A One-State Plan for Peace in the Middle East
- 2013-10-22Brokers of Deceit: How the U.S. Has Undermined Peace in the Middle East
- 2020-07-16Peace in the Middle East The Challenge for Israel - Removed
- 2020-02-26Black Wave: Saudi Arabia, Iran, and the Forty-Year Rivalry That Unraveled Culture, Religion, and Collective Memory in the Middle East
- 2019-09-298 Bza Peace from the Middle East (2018)
- 2019-01-15Media and Peace in the Middle East The Role of Journalism in Israel-Palestine - Removed
- 2019-01-10Media and Peace in the Middle East The Role of Journalism in Israel-Palestine
- 2019-01-06Media and Peace in the Middle East The Role of Journalism in Israel-Palestine
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Risk Management for Islamic Banks: Recent Developments from Asia and the Middle East (Wiley Finance)
- 2009-12-16Water and Peace in the Middle East: Proceedings
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.