Posted on 2017-11-17, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Roy Ramsey, Ron Ramsey | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 1 | ISBN: 1877058297 |
Description: In 1915, Private Roy Ramsay, freshly trained at a camp near Brisbane, sets sail from Australia for the Middle East with the 4th Light Horse Field Ambulance. Serving on hospital ships in the Dardanelles and evacuating a mounting number of sick and wounded, they learn about the battles from the wounded. Serving with the 1st Division 3rd Field Ambulance on the Western Front, he goes through Pozieres and other major set-piece battles of trench warfare. Amid the hell of artillery bombardment and machine gun fire, Roy finds some glimmer of hope for the human race in the fact that both sides often exercise compassion and restraint towards the injured as well as the stretcher-bearers trying to retrieve them. However, the Aussies' mateship and sense of duty get them through the unimaginably shocking physical conditions of trench warfare, helped by occasional breaks away from the lines and recreational leave for romantic purposes. Attached to Dressing Stations just behind the front line Roy is able to keep in touch with his mates and with the AIF's overall tactical situation. With the Australians now united in one corps under General Monash and despite constantly decreasing numbers, they play a key role during the last six months of the war in driving the Germans back to the Hindenburg Line. After the armistice, Roy takes leave and gets married in Scotland. He is eventually transferred to a unit in England where his new wife joins him. In July 1919 they board ship for a new life in Australia. This account of Roy's life was edited from his diaries by his son Ron.
Hell, Hope and Heroes: Life in the Field Ambulance in World War I.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33528
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Inferno: The Epic Life and Death Struggle of the USS Franklin in World War II
- 2017-10-11[PDF] Art Forms and Civic Life in the Late Roman Empire
- 2018-01-08[PDF] The Bomber Boys: Heroes Who Flew the B-17s in World War II
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Last 100 Days: The Tumultuous and Controversial Story of the Final Days of World War II in Europe (Modern Library War)
- 2017-10-19[PDF] Radical Relations: Lesbian Mothers, Gay Fathers, and Their Children in the United States since World War II (Gender and American Culture)
- 2021-01-09The World War Ii Story Life Of The 740th Tank Battalion World War Ii
- 2020-05-08Radical Relations: Lesbian Mothers, Gay Fathers, and Their Children in the United States since World War II (Gender and American Culture)
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Standing Fast: German Defensive Doctrine on the Russian Front During World War II
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Standing Fast: German Defensive Doctrine on the Russian Front During World War II - Prewar to March 1943 [Illustrated Edition]
- 2017-11-15[PDF] Rightlessness: Testimony and Redress in U.S. Prison Camps since World War II (Studies in United States Culture)
- 2016-11-30The Bomber Boys Heroes Who Flew the B-17s in World War II
- 2012-06-07The German Army in World War II (Osprey General Military) - Removed
- 2012-05-20Over There!: The American Soldier in World War I (The G.I.Series #7)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Faith, Hope and Rice: Private Fred Cox's Account of Captivity and the Death Railway
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Improvisation for the Spirit: Live a More Creative, Spontaneous, and Courageous Life Using the Tools of Improv Comedy
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Battlefield Surgeon: Life and Death on the Front Lines of World War II (American Warrior Series)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Everything Superfoods Book - Discover what to eat to look younger, live longer, and enjoy life to the fullest
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Turtles as Hopeful Monsters: Origins and Evolution (Life of the Past)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Shades of My Exotic Life in the Orient and Beyond
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.