[PDF] Heidegger, Politics and Climate Change: Risking It All (Bloomsbury Studies in Continental Philosophy)
Posted on 2018-01-27, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Ruth Irwin | Publisher: Bloomsbury Academic | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 224 | ISBN: 1847063802 | ISBN13: 9781847063809 |
Description: The scale of some environmental problems, such as climate change and human overpopulation, exceed any one nation state and require either co-ordinated governance or a shift in the culture of modernity. Heidegger, Politics and Climate Change examines this crisis alongside Heidegger's ideas about technology and modernity. Heidegger suggests that refocusing on the primary questions that make it meaningful to be human - the question of Being - could create the means for alternative discourses that both challenge and sidestep the attempt for total surveillance and total control. He advocates recognising the problematic relationship humanity has with the environment and reinventing new trajectories of understanding ourselves and our planet. This book aims to properly integrate environment into philosophy and political theory, offering a constructive critique of modernity with some helpful suggestions for establishing a readiness for blue sky scenarios for the future. The book lays out the practical implications of Heidegger's ideas and engages with philosophy of technology, considering the constraints and the potentials of technology on culture and environment.
Heidegger, Politics and Climate Change: Risking It All (Bloomsbury Studies in Continental Philosophy).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35714
- 2017-03-11Heidegger, Politics and Climate Change Risking It All (Bloomsbury Studies in Continental Philoso...
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Culture, Politics and Climate Change: How Information Shapes our Common Future
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Culture, Politics and Climate Change: How Information Shapes our Common Future
- 2011-10-14Food Security and Climate Change in the Pacific: Rethinking the Options
- 2019-01-11Culture, Politics and Climate Change How Information Shapes our Common Future
- 2018-12-27Culture, Politics and Climate Change How Information Shapes our Common Future
- 2018-06-04Risk Journalism between Transnational Politics and Climate Change - Removed
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Energy Efficiency and Climate Change: Conserving Power for a Sustainable Future
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Global Warming and Climate Change: What Australia knew and buried...then framed a new reality for the public
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Global Warming and Climate Change: Prospects and Policies in Asia and Europe (Energy, Climate and the Environment) - Removed
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Disentangling Migration and Climate Change: Methodologies, Political Discourses and Human Rights (Springer) - Removed
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Processionary Moths and Climate Change : An Update - Removed
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Wine, Terroir and Climate Change
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Weed Biology and Climate Change
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Renewable Energy and Climate Change
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Spatial Planning and Climate Change (Natural and Built Environment Series)
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Local Governments and Climate Change: Sustainable Energy Planning and Implementation in Small and Medium Sized Communities (Advances in Global Change Research) - Removed
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Natural Disasters and Climate Change: An Economic Perspective - Removed
- 2017-12-05[PDF] Intercity Transport and Climate Change: Strategies for Reducing the Carbon Footprint (Transportation Research, Economics and Policy) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.