Posted on 2018-01-29, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Jacques Derrida | Category: Philosophy | Language: English | Page: 116 | ISBN: 0823273679 | ISBN13: 9780823273676 |
Description: In February 1988, philosophers Jacques Derrida, Hans-Georg Gadamer, and Philippe Lacoue-Labarthe came together in Heidelberg before a large audience to discuss the philosophical and political implications of Martin Heidegger's thought. This event took place in the very amphitheater in which, more than fifty years earlier, Heidegger, as rector of the University of Freiburg and a member of the Nazi Party, had given a speech entitled "The University in the New Reich." Heidegger's involvement in Nazism has always been, and will remain, an indelible scandal, but what is its real relation to his work and thought? And what are the responsibilities of those who read this work, who analyze and elaborate this thought? Conversely, what is at stake in the wholesale dismissal of this important but compromised twentieth-century philosopher? In 1988, in the wake of the recent publication of Victor Farias's Heidegger and Nazism, and of the heated debates that ensued, these questions had become more pressing than ever. The reflections presented by three of the most prominent of Heidegger's readers, improvised in French and transcribed here, were an attempt to approach these questions before a broad public, but with a depth of knowledge and a complex sense of the questions at issue that have been often lacking in the press. Ranging over two days and including exchanges with one another and with the audience, the discussions pursed by these major thinkers remain highly relevant today, especially following the publication of Heidegger's already notorious "Black Notebooks," which have added another chapter to the ongoing debates over this contested figure. The present volume recalls a highly charged moment in this history, while also drawing the debate toward its most essential questions.
Heidegger, Philosophy, and Politics: The Heidelberg Conference.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35764
- 2017-11-01[PDF] Evangelicalism, Piety and Politics: The Selected Writings of W.R. Ward
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Aboriginal Peoples and Politics: The Indian Land Question in British Columbia, 1849-1989
- 2011-06-04Heidegger, Art, and Politics: The Fiction of the Political
- 2011-05-04Heidegger Art and Politics - The Fiction of the Political
- 2011-04-11Heidegger, Art and Politics: The Fiction of the Political
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Heidegger and Politics: The Ontology of Radical Discontent
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Heidegger, Ethics and the Practice of Ontology (Bloomsbury Studies in Continental Philosophy)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Reconciling Law and Morality in Human Rights Discourse: Beyond the Habermasian Account of Human Rights (Philosophy and Politics - Critical Explorations) - Removed
- 2018-01-13[PDF] What's a Dog For?: The Surprising History, Science, Philosophy, and Politics of Man's Best Friend
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Heidegger, Metaphysics and the Univocity of Being (Bloomsbury Studies in Continental Philosophy)
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Heidegger, Holderlin, and the Subject of Poetic Language: Toward a New Poetics of Dasein (Perspectives in Continental Philosophy)
- 2020-01-23The Philosophy and Politics of Aesthetic Experience: German Romanticism and Critical Theory (Political Philosophy and Public Purpose)
- 2019-11-26Design, User Experience, and Usability. Design Philosophy and Theory: 8th International Conference, DUXU 2019, Held as Part of the 21st HCI ... Part I (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Secular Philosophy and the Religious Temperament: Essays 2002-2008
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Jewish Philosophy and the Crisis of Modernity: Essays and Lectures in Modern Jewish Thought (Suny Series in the Jewish Writings of Leo Strauss)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Routledge Philosophy Guidebook to the Later Heidegger (Routledge Philosophy Guidebooks)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] ICIPEG 2016: Proceedings of the International Conference on Integrated Petroleum Engineering and Geosciences
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Blake, Myth, and Enlightenment: The Politics of Apotheosis - Removed
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Reason, Morality, and Law: The Philosophy of John Finnis
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.