Posted on 2018-01-26, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Ana-Maria Boromisa | Publisher: Routledge | Category: Economy | Language: English | Page: 210 | ISBN: 0415747740 | ISBN13: 9780415747745 |
Description: A green economy' must be built on green jobs' - the kind of employment that is low carbon, intended to reduce energy use and expected to restore environmental quality. But attempts to define exactly what a green job' is have led to varied and often contradictory answers. There are many unresolved questions including whether we consider jobs in the nuclear fuel industry to be green jobs? Or is a worker at a glass making company which supplies the glass for the solar photovoltaic industry doing a green job given that glass making is a dirty' industry? This book deals with the relationship between 'green' concepts (green jobs, green economy, green growth) and sustainable development. It examines to which extent creation of green jobs supports overall economic development as opposed to creation of elitist jobs and greenwashing. In order to do so, general conceptual frameworks for green jobs, green economy, green growth and green policy are presented as well as their implementation in ten countries selected among the Group of Twenty. The selection includes advanced (the European Union, the United States of America, Australia, Canada, Republic of Korea, Japan) and developing countries (Mexico, China, Turkey and Brazil). The analysis presented in this book shows that although green concept is well-intentioned, its implementation depends on local circumstances economic, political and social. Developed countries perceive green growth as a way to create new markets and demand, while developing countries rely more on labor intensive growth and less expensive green jobs. Thus, greening the economy does not diminish differences between rich and poor. This book is suitable for those who study and work in Ecological Economics, Sustainable Development and Labor Economics.
Green Jobs for Sustainable Development (Routledge Studies in Ecological Economics).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35675
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Environmental Management for Sustainable Development (Routledge Environmental Management)
- 2017-02-14[PDF] Environmental Management for Sustainable Development (Routledge Environmental Management)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Theories of Sustainable Development (Routledge Studies in Sustainable Development)
- 2019-11-25Mapping and Spatial Analysis of Socio-economic and Environmental Indicators for Sustainable Development: Case Studies from North Africa (Advances in Science, Technology & Innovation)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Inclusive Innovation for Sustainable Development: Theory and Practice
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Information Systems for Sustainable Development
- 2017-10-27[PDF] An Introduction to Sustainable Development (Routledge Perspectives on Development) (Volume 7)
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Sensor Networks for Sustainable Development
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Energy Policies for Sustainable Development Strategies: The Case of Nigeria (Frontiers in African Business Research) - Removed
- 2017-02-13[PDF] An Introduction to Sustainable Development (Routledge Perspectives on Development) (Volume 7)
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Ecology and Power: Struggles over Land and Material Resources in the Past, Present and Future (Routledge Studies in Ecological Economics)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Ecology and Power: Struggles over Land and Material Resources in the Past, Present and Future (Routledge Studies in Ecological Economics)
- 2009-05-02Environmental Ethics and Sustainable Practices: Gifts, Chiefs and Contingency (Routledge Studies in Ecological Economics)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] The Law of Energy for Sustainable Development (IUCN Academy of Environmental Law Research Studies) (v. 1)
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Chemicals from Biomass: Integrating Bioprocesses into Chemical Production Complexes for Sustainable Development (Green Chemistry and Chemical Engineering)
- 2018-11-15Green Inside Activism for Sustainable Development
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Environmental Biotechnology: Biodegradation, Bioremediation, and Bioconversion of Xenobiotics for Sustainable Development
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Evaluating Climate Change Action for Sustainable Development
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Empires of Remorse: Narrative, postcolonialism and apologies for colonial atrocity (Routledge Studies on Challenges, Crises and Dissent in World Politics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.