Posted on 2017-11-22, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Peter W. Culicover | Category: Languages (Other) | Language: English | Page: 1 | ISBN: 019965459X |
Description: This book combines ideas about the architecture of grammar and language acquisition, processing, and change to explain why languages show regular patterns when there is so much irregularity in their use and so much complexity when there is such regularity in linguistic phenomena. Peter Culicover argues that the structure of language can be understood and explained in terms of two kinds of complexity: firstly that of the correspondence between form and meaning secondly in the real-time processes involved in the construction of meanings in linguistic expressions. Mainstream syntactic theory has focused largely on regularities within and across languages, relegating to the periphery exceptional and idiosyncratic phenomena. But, the author argues, a languages irregular and unique features offer fundamental insights into the nature of language, how it changes, and how it is produced and understood. Peter Culicover's new book offers a pertinent and original contribution to key current debates in linguistic theory. It will interest scholars and advanced students of linguists of all theoretical persuasions.
Grammar & Complexity: Language at the Intersection of Competence and Performance.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33681
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Grammar & Complexity: Language at the Intersection of Competence and Performance
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Introducing Architectural Tectonics: Exploring the Intersection of Design and Construction - Removed
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Converge: Transforming Business at the Intersection of Marketing and Technology
- 2017-11-24[PDF] One Hundred Years at the Intersection of Chemistry and Physics: The Fritz Haber Institute of the Max Planck Society 1911-2011
- 2017-10-11[PDF] Virtual Words: Language on the Edge of Science and Technology
- 2017-10-09[PDF] Winning Body Language: Control the Conversation, Command Attention, and Convey the Right Message without Saying a Word
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Virtual Words: Language on the Edge of Science and Technology
- 2016-12-29[PDF] Winning Body Language: Control the Conversation, Command Attention, and Convey the Right Message without Saying a Word
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Birdsong, Speech, and Language: Exploring the Evolution of Mind and Brain
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Language of the Moldovans: Romania, Russia, and Identity in an Ex-Soviet Republic
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Language Wars: The Role of Media and Culture in Global Terror and Poliyical Violence
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Strategic Language Learning: The Roles of Agency and Context (Second Language Acquisition)
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Make a Choice: When You are at the Intersection of Happiness and Despair [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Managing Complexity: Proceedings of the 8th World Conference on Mass Customization, Personalization, and Co-Creation (MCPC 2015), Montreal, Canada, ... Proceedings in Business and Economics) - Removed
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Ensouling Language: On the Art of Nonfiction and the Writer's Life
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Perspectives on the Intersection of Multiculturalism and Positive Psychology (Cross-Cultural Advancements in Positive Psychology) - Removed
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Digital Discourse: Language in the New Media (Oxford Studies in Sociolinguistics)
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Einstein's Jewish Science: Physics at the Intersection of Politics and Religion
- 2017-11-30[PDF] The Intersection of History and Mathematics (Science Networks. Historical Studies) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.