Posted on 2017-11-09, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Tony Stead | Publisher: Stenhouse Publishers | Category: Education | Language: English | Page: 248 | ISBN: 1571107320 | ISBN13: 9781571107329 |
Description: For those of us who treasure memories of a childhood spent curled up with favorite books, it may be shocking to realize that reading is a chore for many of our students. In recent years, the increased class time spent on reading instruction geared toward measurable performance from tests to book reports means fewer children have the opportunity to discover reading for pleasure, or to research topics that interest them. If we want children to become truly engaged readers, we must set aside time every day for them to independently select, read, and respond. Of course, just providing time and a variety of reading materials isn't adequate to ensure that students achieve the independence they need to become lifelong readers. Students need guidance on selecting materials at an appropriate level, they need practice in the habits of readers, and they need the social reinforcement of sharing ideas about their reading with peers. In Good Choice!, noted author and literacy specialist Tony Stead outlines the components that foster successful independent reading in grades K-6. He examines practices that: establish independent reading and borrowing routines provide adequate resources for independent reading support children in selecting a wide range of appropriate texts offer opportunities for children to respond to their reading. With examples appropriate to emergent readers in grades K-2, as well as more seasoned readers in grades 3-6, Tony provides a comprehensive plan for integrating independent reading throughout the day. He offers systems for organizing the class library and checking books in and out, lessons on book selection and responding to text, advice on supporting children and parents in home reading, guidance on conferring with students, and an array of helpful appendix materials including graphic organizers, questionnaires, assessment and monitoring rubrics. Research shows that children who have the opportunity to read independently not only become more literate adults, they also, in fact, perform better on state tests and other reading assessments. Good Choice! provides everything you need to create classrooms where students can fulfill their reading potential now and for the future.
Good Choice!: Supporting Independent Reading and Response, K-6.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33299
- 2013-10-11Good Choice!: Supporting Independent Reading and Response K-6
- 2013-09-27Good Choice!: Supporting Independent Reading and Response K-6 (repost)
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Homework Pages for Independent Reading: 75 High-Interest Reproducibles That Guide Kids to Apply Reading Strategies, Explore Genre and Literary Elements, and Expand Vocabulary With Any Book
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Good Cascade Impactor Practices, AIM and EDA for Orally Inhaled Products - Removed
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Practice Makes Perfect Spanish Reading and Comprehension (Practice Makes Perfect Series) [Spanish]
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Practice Makes Perfect Italian Reading and Comprehension (Practice Makes Perfect Series)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] A Choice Collection of Voyages and Explorations in All Parts of the World Also a Few Early Atlases: From the Stock of Martinus Nijhoff Bookseller - Removed
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Ready-to-Use Independent Reading Management Kit: Grades 4-6: Reproducible, Skill-Building Activity Packs That Engage Kids in Meaningful, Structured ... With Small Groups
- 2018-01-08[PDF] 1st Grade Basic Skills: Reading and Math - Thinking Skills
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Natural English: Pre-Intermediate: Reading and Writing Skills: Reading and Writing Skills Pre-intermediate level: Resource Book
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Hamlet: Prince of Denmark (Reading and Training)
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Good Cheap Eats: Everyday Dinners and Fantastic Feasts for $10 or Less
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Multiple Choice Questions in Ophthalmic and Neuroanatomy
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Good Science, Bad Science, Pseudoscience, and Just Plain Bunk: How to Tell the Difference
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Good Spirits: Recipes, Revelations, Refreshments, and Romance, Shaken and Served with a Twist
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Good Old Fashioned Challenging Puzzles and Perplexing Mathematical Problems
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Writing Strategies for Science (Reading and Writing Strategies)
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Writing Strategies for Mathematics (Reading and Writing Strategies)
- 2017-11-16[PDF] Good Enough Endings: Breaks, Interruptions, and Terminations from Contemporary Relational Perspectives (Relational Perspectives Book Series)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.