[PDF] Global Risk Agility and Decision Making: Organizational Resilience in the Era of Man-Made Risk
Posted on 2018-01-09, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Daniel Wagner | Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan | Category: Management | Language: English | Page: 415 | ISBN: 1349948594 | ISBN13: 9781349948598 |
Description: In Global Risk Agility and Decision Making, Daniel Wagner and Dante Disparte, two leading authorities in global risk management, make a compelling case for the need to bring traditional approaches to risk management and decision making into the twenty-first century. Based on their own deep and multi-faceted experience in risk management across numerous firms in dozens of countries, the authors call for a greater sense of urgency from corporate boards, decision makers, line managers, policymakers, and risk practitioners to address and resolve the plethora of challenges facing today's private and public sector organizations. Set against the era of man-made risk,where transnational terrorism, cyber risk, and climate change are making traditional risk models increasingly obsolete, they argue that remaining passively on the side-lines of the global economy is dangerous, and that understanding and actively engaging the world is central to achieving risk agility. Their definition of risk agility taps into the survival and risk-taking instincts of the entrepreneur while establishing an organizational imperative focused on collective survival. The agile risk manager is part sociologist, anthropologist, psychologist, and quant. Risk agility implies not treating risk as a cost of doing business, but as a catalyst for growth. Wagner and Disparte bring the concept of risk agility to life through a series of case studies that cut across industries, countries and the public and private sectors. The rich, real-world examples underscore how once mighty organizations can be brought to their kneesand even their demise by simple miscalculations or a failure to just do the right thing. The reader is offered deep insights into specific risk domains that are shaping our world, including terrorism, cyber risk, climate change, and economic resource nationalism, as well as a frame of reference from which to think about risk management and decision making in our increasingly complicated world. This easily digestible book will shed new light on the often complex discipline of risk management. Readers will learn how risk management is being transformed from a business prevention function to a values-based framework for thriving in increasingly perilous times. From tackling governance structures and the tone at the top to advocating for greater transparency and adherence to value systems, this book will establish a new generation of risk leader, with clarion voices calling for greater risk agility. The rise of agile decision makers coincides with greater resilience and responsiveness in the era of man-made risk.
Global Risk Agility and Decision Making: Organizational Resilience in the Era of Man-Made Risk.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35166
- 2016-11-30Global Risk Agility and Decision Making Organizational Resilience in the Era of Man-Made Risk
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Sales Management: Analysis and Decision Making
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Professional Development, Reflection and Decision-Making in Nursing and Healthcare
- 2017-11-03[PDF] On Science, Inference, Information and Decision-Making: Selected Essays in the Philosophy of Science (Synthese Library) (Volume 271)
- 2017-10-21[PDF] Artificial Intelligence: Diagnostics and Decision-Making in Anaesthesia: A review of the first 65 years
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Intelligent Testing, Control and Decision-making for Space Launch
- 2017-02-07[PDF] Sales Management: Analysis and Decision Making
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Future Work (Expanded and Updated): Changing organizational culture for the new world of work - Removed
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Managing Uncertainty, Mitigating Risk: Tackling the Unknown in Financial Risk Assessment and Decision Making (Global Financial Markets)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Strategic Facilitation of Complex Decision-Making: How Process and Context Matter in Global Climate Change Negotiations - Removed
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Judgment and Decision Making (Earthscan Risk in Society)
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Intelligent Systems and Decision Making for Risk Analysis and Crisis Response
- 2012-03-19Risk Modeling for Determining Value and Decision Making - Removed
- 2019-12-03Applying Occupational Psychology to the Fire Service: Emotion, Risk and Decision-Making
- 2018-04-12Intelligent Systems and Decision Making for Risk Analysis and Crisis Response: Proceedings of the 4th
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Modeling Sociocultural Influences on Decision Making: Understanding Conflict, Enabling Stability (Human Factors and Ergonomics)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Business Resilience System (BRS): Driven Through Boolean, Fuzzy Logics and Cloud Computation: Real and Near Real Time Analysis and Decision Making System
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Sequential Learning and Decision-Making in Wireless Resource Management (Wireless Networks)
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Global Supply Chain and Operations Management: A Decision-Oriented Introduction to the Creation of Value (Springer Texts in Business and Economics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.