[PDF] Gauge Theories in Particle Physics: A Practical Introduction, Volume 2: Non-Abelian Gauge Theories: QCD and The Electroweak Theory, Fourth Edition
Posted on 2017-11-23, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Ian J R Aitchison | Category: Physics | Language: English | Page: 518 | ISBN: 1466513071 | ISBN13: 9781466513075 |
Description: Volume 2 of this revised and updated edition provides an accessible and practical introduction to the two non-Abelian quantum gauge field theories of the Standard Model of particle physics: quantum chromodynamics (QCD) and the Glashow-Salam-Weinberg (GSW) electroweak theory. This volume covers much of the experimental progress made in the last ten years. A new chapter on CP violation and oscillation phenomena describes CP violation in B-meson decays as well as the main experiments that have led to our current knowledge of mass-squared differences and mixing angles in neutrino physics. Exploring a new era in particle physics, this edition discusses one of the most recent and exciting breakthroughsâ€”the discovery of a boson with properties consistent with those of the Standard Model Higgs boson. It also updates many other topics, including jet algorithms, lattice QCD, effective Lagrangians, and three-generation quark mixing and the CKM matrix. New to the Fourth Edition New chapter on CP violation and oscillations in mesonic and neutrino systems New section on three-generation quark mixing and the CKM matrix Improved discussion of two-jet cross section in electron-positron annihilation New section on jet algorithms Recent lattice QCD calculations with dynamical fermions New section on effective Lagrangians for spontaneously broken chiral symmetry, including the three-flavor extension, meson mass relations, and chiral perturbation theory Update of asymptotic freedom Discussion of the historic discovery of a Higgs-like boson The authors discuss the main conceptual points of the theories, detail many practical calculations of physical quantities from first principles, and compare these quantitative predictions with experimental results, helping readers improve both their calculation skills and physical insight.
Gauge Theories in Particle Physics: A Practical Introduction, Volume 2: Non-Abelian Gauge Theories: QCD and The Electroweak Theory, Fourth Edition.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33726
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Gauge Theories in Particle Physics: A Practical Introduction, Volume 1: From Relativistic Quantum Mechanics to QED, Fourth Edition
- 2019-06-25Gauge Theories in Particle Physics A Practical Introduction, Volume 1 (4th edition)
- 2010-01-27Gauge Theories in Particle Physics: A Practical Introduction, Volume II - Removed
- 2017-04-08[PDF] Gauge theories in particle physics: A practical introduction (Graduate student series in physics)
- 2011-12-05Gauge Theories in Particle Physics, Third Edition - 2 volume set: Gauge Theories in Particle Physics: A Practical Introduction, Vol. 1 - Removed
- 2017-04-06[PDF] Lie Algebras in Particle Physics: From Isospin to Unified Theories (Frontiers in Physics, Vol. 54)
- 2012-03-12On the Role of Division, Jordan and Related Algebras in Particle Physics By Feza Gursey, Chia-Hsiung Tze
- 2018-01-13[PDF] New Revolutions in Particle Physics: Basic Concepts
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Particle Physics: A Comprehensive Introduction
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Recent Developments in Particle Physics and Cosmology (Nato Science Series II: (closed)) - Removed
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Itep Lectures on Particle Physics and Field Theory
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Fundamentals of Cosmic Particle Physics
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Structural Elements in Particle Physics and Statistical Mechanics (Applied Clinical Psychology) - Removed
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Statistical Problems in Particle Physics, Astrophysics And Cosmology: Proceedings of Phystat05 Oxford, UK 12 -15 September 2005
- 2020-11-06Elementary Particle Physics - An Intuitive Introduction
- 2020-04-07Elementary Particle Physics: An Intuitive Introduction
- 2019-12-15Numerical Methods for Diffusion Phenomena in Building Physics: A Practical Introduction
- 2019-09-27Elementary Particle Physics: An Intuitive Introduction
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Test Driven Development in Ruby: A Practical Introduction to TDD Using Problem and Solution Domain Analysis
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.