Posted on 2018-01-26, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Charles Quist-Adade | Publisher: Sense Publishers | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 380 | ISBN: 9463008381 | ISBN13: 9789463008389 |
Description: "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr. "Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi "Thought without practice is blind practice without thought is empty." -Kwame Nkrumah These quotes aptly capture the spirit, the essence, and reach of this book. From the Local to the Global: Theories and Key Issues in Global Social Justice explores and explains the relationships between social justice as it is conceived, constructed, understood and implemented locally and globally. It does so by examining social justice from a theoretical and substantive perspective. It takes the perspective that social justice is a multifaceted, dialectical, intersectional, and cross-cultural phenomenon with both local and global interfaces and implications. The book is based on four premises: (1) Global Social Justice (GSJ) recognizes the commonality of the human condition. (2) GSJ is a deeply and inextricably a local and global phenomenon one cannot exist in isolation from the other. In other words, the promotion or denial of social justice locally has both immediate and remote/future implications globally. The reverse is equally true social justice promoted or demoted in a far flung corner of the world devalues social justice at home. (3) GSJ is transnational, transcending national and cultural boundaries. (4) GSJ is both a domestic and global normative imperative recognizing interstices of race, gender, class, sexuality, age, and (dis)ability. The author argues that the overriding problem of global inequality must be addressed as a necessary condition for solving problems of health care, debt, racism, homophobia, sexism, ageism, terrorism, and other critical issues facing citizens nationally and globally. In addition, the author posits that real-world solutions to social problems, be they local or global require collective global efforts.
From the Local to the Global: Theories and Key Issues in Global Justice.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35681
- 2018-03-01Freedom from Toxic Relationships: Moving on from the Family, Work, and Relationship Issues That Bring You Down [Audiobook]
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Stress: The Brain-Body Connection (Key Issues in Mental Health, Vol. 174)
- 2012-01-02Dokken - Up From The Ashes
- 2011-11-10Mark Bittman's Quick and Easy Recipes from the New York Times
- 2011-09-16Dokken - Up From The Ashes
- 2011-08-17Feeling the Heat: Dispatches from the Front Lines of Climate Change - Removed
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Developing the Global Bioeconomy: Technical, Market, and Environmental Lessons from Bioenergy
- 2018-01-07[PDF] The Origin of Chirality in the Molecules of Life: A Revision from Awareness to the Current Theories and Perspectives of this Unsolved Problem
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Forex for Beginners: A Comprehensive Guide to Profiting from the Global Currency Markets - Removed
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Invisible Hands: Voices from the Global Economy (Voice of Witness)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] From Silicon Valley to Shenzhen: Global Production and Work in the IT Industry (Asia/Pacific/Perspectives)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] What Makes Clusters Competitive?: Cases from the Global Wine Industry
- 2017-12-11[PDF] The Unfinished Revolution: Voices from the Global Fight for Women's Rights
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Leading the Global Workforce: Best Practices from Linkage, Inc.
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Putting Terrorism in Context: Lessons from the Global Terrorism Database (Contemporary Terrorism Studies)
- 2017-11-20[PDF] After Empires: European Integration, Decolonization, and the Challenge from the Global South 1957-1986 (Oxford Studies in Modern European History)
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Learning From the Global Financial Crisis: Creatively, Reliably, and Sustainably (High Reliability and Crisis Management)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Putting Terrorism in Context: Lessons from the Global Terrorism Database (Contemporary Terrorism Studies)
- 2017-01-11[PDF] After Empires: European Integration, Decolonization, and the Challenge from the Global South 1957-1986 (Oxford Studies in Modern European History)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.