Posted on 2017-12-13, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Arthur Marder | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 496 | ISBN: 1848322038 | ISBN13: 9781848322035 |
Description: The five volumes that constitute Arthur Marder's From the Dreadnought to Scapa Flow represented arguably the finest contribution to the literature of naval history since Alfred Mahan. A J P Taylor wrote that 'his naval history has a unique fascination. To unrivalled mastery of sources he adds a gift of simple narrative . . . He is beyond praise, as he is beyond cavil.'??The five volumes were subtitled The Royal Navy in the Fisher Era, 1904â€“1919 and they are still, despite recent major contributions from Robert Massie and Andrew Gordan, regarded by many as the definitive history of naval events leading up to and including the Great War.??This last volume describes the Royal Navy's final triumph. The convoy system brought rewards and the US Navy arrived in European waters. The striking 1918 raid on Zeebrugge was a big morale booster, and in November 1918 Beatty received the surrender of the German High Seas Fleet. In June the following year the Germand scuttled their fleet at Scapa Flow and so came to an end a major era in naval history.??A new introduction by Barry Gough, the distinguished Canadian maritime and naval historian, assesses the importance of Marder's work and anchors it firmly amongst the great naval narrative histories of this era.??This new paperback edition will bring a truly great work to a new generation of historians and general readers.
From the Dreadnought to Scapa Flow: Volume V: Victory and Aftermath, January 1918-June 1919.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34351
- 2018-01-01[PDF] From The Dreadnought to Scarpa Flow - Volume 01 - The Road to War, 1904-1914
- 2014-04-03From The Dreadnought to Scarpa Flow - Volume 03 - Jutland and After, May 1916 - December 1916
- 2014-04-03From The Dreadnought to Scarpa Flow - Volume 04 - 1917 - Year of Crisis
- 2014-04-03From The Dreadnought to Scarpa Flow - Volume 05 - 1918-1919 - Victory and Aftermath
- 2014-04-01From The Dreadnought to Scarpa Flow - Volume 02 - The War Years To The Eve of Jutland, 1914-1916
- 2014-03-31From The Dreadnought to Scarpa Flow - Volume 01 - The Road to War, 1904-1914
- 2017-12-06[PDF] From The Ashes (Ministry of Curiosities) (Volume 6)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The Bull and the Barriers: The Wrecks of Scapa Flow
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Modeling the Psychopathological Dimensions of Schizophrenia, Volume 23: From Molecules to Behavior (Handbook of Behavioral Neuroscience)
- 2017-11-25[PDF] Running from the Night (Hunter's Moon) (Volume 1)
- 2017-11-13[PDF] From the Ashes (Witches of The Demon Isle ) (Volume 8)
- 2017-10-21[PDF] Girl from the Stars Book 2: Daylight (Volume 2)
- 2017-04-05[PDF] Terror From The Sky & Tragic Victories, (Airwar, Volume 1)
- 2012-01-02Dokken - Up From The Ashes
- 2011-11-10Mark Bittman's Quick and Easy Recipes from the New York Times
- 2011-09-16Dokken - Up From The Ashes
- 2011-08-17Feeling the Heat: Dispatches from the Front Lines of Climate Change - Removed
- 2019-08-02%^(Satisfying) - Why You Should Read Write Your Novel From the Middle: A New Approach for Plotters, Pantsers and Everyone in Between by James Scott Bell Online or Download [~PDF ~EPUB ~MOBI]
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Ontology of Spacetime II, Volume 4 (Philosophy and Foundations of Physics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.