[PDF] From Populations to Ecosystems: Theoretical Foundations for a New Ecological Synthesis (MPB-46) (Monographs in Population Biology)
Posted on 2017-11-25, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Michel Loreau | Publisher: Princeton University Press | Category: Geosciences | Language: English | Page: 320 | ISBN: 0691122695 | ISBN13: 9780691122694 |
Description: The major subdisciplines of ecology population ecology, community ecology, ecosystem ecology, and evolutionary ecology have diverged increasingly in recent decades. What is critically needed today is an integrated, real-world approach to ecology that reflects the interdependency of biodiversity and ecosystem functioning. From Populations to Ecosystems proposes an innovative theoretical synthesis that will enable us to advance our fundamental understanding of ecological systems and help us to respond to today's emerging global ecological crisis. Michel Loreau begins by explaining how the principles of population dynamics and ecosystem functioning can be merged. He then addresses key issues in the study of biodiversity and ecosystems, such as functional complementarity, food webs, stability and complexity, material cycling, and metacommunities. Loreau describes the most recent theoretical advances that link the properties of individual populations to the aggregate properties of communities, and the properties of functional groups or trophic levels to the functioning of whole ecosystems, placing special emphasis on the relationship between biodiversity and ecosystem functioning. Finally, he turns his attention to the controversial issue of the evolution of entire ecosystems and their properties, laying the theoretical foundations for a genuine evolutionary ecosystem ecology. From Populations to Ecosystems points the way to a much-needed synthesis in ecology, one that offers a fuller understanding of ecosystem processes in the natural world.
From Populations to Ecosystems: Theoretical Foundations for a New Ecological Synthesis (MPB-46) (Monographs in Population Biology).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33785
- 2013-02-19From Populations to Ecosystems: Theoretical Foundations for a New Ecological Synthesis [Repost]
- 2012-04-25From Populations to Ecosystems: Theoretical Foundations for a New Ecological Synthesis
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Complex Population Dynamics: A Theoretical/Empirical Synthesis (MPB-35) (Monographs in Population Biology)
- 2020-05-05Comparison of Mathematics and Physics Education I Theoretical Foundations for
- 2018-01-22[PDF] From Slight to Might: Building Muscle for the Hardgainer
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Easy Breezy Prosperity: The Five Foundations for a More Joyful, Abundant Life
- 2018-01-09[PDF] From Child Art to Visual Language of Youth: New Models and Tools for Assessment of Learning and Creation in Art Education
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Introduction To Modern Physics: Theoretical Foundations
- 2017-12-17[PDF] From Idea to Innovation: A Handbook for Inventors, Decision Makers and Organizations (Management for Professionals) - Removed
- 2017-12-02[PDF] From Eternity to Here: The Quest for the Ultimate Theory of Time
- 2017-11-30[PDF] From Field to Fork: Food Ethics for Everyone
- 2017-11-29[PDF] From Clueless to Class Act: Manners for the Modern Man
- 2017-11-28[PDF] From Clueless to Class Act: Manners for the Modern Woman
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Conceptual Modelling and Its Theoretical Foundations: Essays Dedicated to Bernhard Thalheim on the Occasion of his 60th Birthday (Lecture Notes in ... Applications, incl. Internet/Web, and HCI) - Removed
- 2017-11-10[PDF] From Strength to Strength: A Manual for Professionals Who Facilitate Diverse Parent Groups
- 2017-11-02[PDF] From Manager To Leader: Simplified Leadership For Success
- 2017-11-02[PDF] From Fault Classification to Fault Tolerance for Multi-Agent Systems (SpringerBriefs in Computer Science) - Removed
- 2017-10-17[PDF] Toxicants in Aqueous Ecosystems: A Guide for the Analytical and Environmental Chemist - Removed
- 2017-10-11[PDF] From Justice to Protection: A Proposal for Public Health Bioethics (SpringerBriefs in Public Health) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.