[PDF] From Medical Chemistry to Biochemistry: The Making of a Biomedical Discipline (Cambridge Studies in the History of Medicine)
Posted on 2018-01-04, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Robert E. Kohler | Publisher: Cambridge University Press | Category: Chemistry | Language: English | Page: 380 | ISBN: 0521243122 | ISBN13: 9780521243124 |
Description: This penetrating case study of institution building and entrepreneurship in science shows how a minor medical speciality evolved into a large and powerful academic discipline. Drawing extensively on little-used archival sources, the author analyses in detail how biomedical science became a central part of medical training and practice. The book shows how biochemistry was defined as a distinct discipline by the programmatic vision of individual biochemists and of patrons and competitors in related disciplines. It shows how discipline builders used research programmes as strategies that they adapted to the opportunities offered by changing educational markets and national medical reform movements in the United States, Britain and Germany. The author argues that the priorities and styles of various departments and schools of biochemistry reflect systematic social relationships between that discipline and biology, chemistry and medicine. Science is shaped by its service roles in particular local contexts: This is the central theme. The author's view of the political economy of modern science will be of interest to historians and social scientists, scientific and medical practitioners, and anyone interested in the ecology of knowledge in scientific institutions and professions.
From Medical Chemistry to Biochemistry: The Making of a Biomedical Discipline (Cambridge Studies in the History of Medicine).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35007
- 2014-02-15From Medical Chemistry to Biochemistry: The Making of a Biomedical Discipline [Repost]
- 2012-04-14From Medical Chemistry to Biochemistry: The Making of a Biomedical Discipline
- 2017-10-05[PDF] From Jupiter to Christ: On the History of Religion in the Roman Imperial Period
- 2017-01-10[PDF] From Jupiter to Christ: On the History of Religion in the Roman Imperial Period
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Sophia Jex-Blake: A Woman Pioneer in Nineteenth Century Medical Reform (The Wellcome Institute Series in the History of Medicine)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] From Economics Imperialism to Freakonomics: The Shifting Boundaries between Economics and other Social Sciences (Economics as Social Theory)
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Statistics and the German State, 1900-1945: The Making of Modern Economic Knowledge (Cambridge Studies in Modern Economic History) [German]
- 2018-01-04[PDF] From Financial Crisis to Stagnation - The Destruction of Shared Prosperity and the Role of Economics
- 2018-01-04[PDF] From Maps to Models: Augmenting the Nation's Geospatial Intelligence Capabilities
- 2017-12-31[PDF] From Grey to Silver: Managing the Demographic Change Successfully - Removed
- 2017-12-30[PDF] From Calculus to Computers: Using the Last 200 Years of Mathematics History in the Classroom (Mathematical Association of America Notes)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] From Bouncing Bombs to Concorde: The Authorised Biography of Aviation Pioneer George Edwards OM
- 2017-12-24[PDF] From Babel to Dragomans: Interpreting the Middle East
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Medieval Philosophy: From 500 to 1500 CE (The History of Philosophy)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] From Complexity to Life: On The Emergence of Life and Meaning
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Graduate Medical Education That Meets the Nation's Health Needs
- 2017-12-20[PDF] From Nyet to Da: Understanding the New Russia
- 2017-12-06[PDF] From Empires to NGOs in the West African Sahel: The Road to Nongovernmentality
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Beauty in Chemistry: Artistry in the Creation of New Molecules (Topics in Current Chemistry) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.