Posted on 2017-12-06, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Professor Gregory Mann | Category: Non-fiction | Language: English | Page: 1 | ISBN: 1107602521 |
Description: This book looks beyond the familiar history of former empires and new nation-states to consider newly transnational communities of solidarity and aid, social science and activism. Shortly after independence from France in 1960, the people living along the Sahel - a long, thin stretch of land bordering the Sahara - became the subjects of human rights campaigns and humanitarian interventions. Just when its states were strongest and most ambitious, the postcolonial West African Sahel became fertile terrain for the production of novel forms of governmental rationality realized through NGOs. The roots of this 'nongovernmentality' lay partly in Europe and North America, but it flowered, paradoxically, in the Sahel. This book is unique in that it questions not only how West African states exercised their new sovereignty but also how and why NGOs - ranging from CARE and Amnesty International to black internationalists - began to assume elements of sovereignty during a period in which it was so highly valued.
From Empires to NGOs in the West African Sahel: The Road to Nongovernmentality.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34137
- 2019-02-22From Empires to NGOs in the West African Sahel The Road to Nongovernmentality
- 2019-01-30From Empires to NGOs in the West African Sahel The Road to Nongovernmentality
- 2017-10-22[PDF] Paved with Good Intentions: Canada's Development NGOs on the Road from Idealism to Imperialism
- 2011-12-26The Road to Victory: From Pearl Harbor to Okinawa (Osprey General Military)
- 2019-05-03Paved with Good Intentions Canada's Development NGOs on the Road from Idealism to Imperialism
- 2019-03-23Paved with Good Intentions Canada's Development NGOs on the Road from Idealism to Imperialism
- 2018-01-10[PDF] From Economics Imperialism to Freakonomics: The Shifting Boundaries between Economics and other Social Sciences (Economics as Social Theory)
- 2018-01-04[PDF] From Financial Crisis to Stagnation - The Destruction of Shared Prosperity and the Role of Economics
- 2018-01-04[PDF] From Maps to Models: Augmenting the Nation's Geospatial Intelligence Capabilities
- 2018-01-04[PDF] From Medical Chemistry to Biochemistry: The Making of a Biomedical Discipline (Cambridge Studies in the History of Medicine)
- 2017-12-31[PDF] From Grey to Silver: Managing the Demographic Change Successfully - Removed
- 2017-12-30[PDF] From Calculus to Computers: Using the Last 200 Years of Mathematics History in the Classroom (Mathematical Association of America Notes)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] From Bouncing Bombs to Concorde: The Authorised Biography of Aviation Pioneer George Edwards OM
- 2017-12-24[PDF] From Babel to Dragomans: Interpreting the Middle East
- 2017-12-20[PDF] From Complexity to Life: On The Emergence of Life and Meaning
- 2017-12-20[PDF] From Nyet to Da: Understanding the New Russia
- 2017-11-27[PDF] From Imperial Splendour to Internment: The German Navy in the First World War
- 2017-11-23[PDF] From Wiseguys to Wise Men: The Gangster and Italian American Masculinities - Removed
- 2017-11-19[PDF] From East of Suez to the Eastern Atlantic: British Naval Policy 1964-70
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.