Posted on 2017-12-24, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Bernard Lewis | Publisher: Oxford University Press | Category: Non-fiction | Language: English | Page: 456 | ISBN: 0195173368 | ISBN13: 9780195173369 |
Description: Bernard Lewis is recognized around the globe as one of the leading authorities on Islam. Hailed as "the world's foremost Islamic scholar" (Wall Street Journal), as "a towering figure among experts on the culture and religion of the Muslim world" (Baltimore Sun), and as "the doyen of Middle Eastern studies" (New York Times), Lewis is nothing less than a national treasure, a trusted voice that politicians, journalists, historians, and the general public have all turned to for insight into the Middle East. Now, this revered authority has brought together writings and lectures that he has written over four decades, featuring his reflections on Middle Eastern history and foreign affairs, the Iranian Revolution, the state of Israel, the writing of history, and much more. The essays cover such urgent and compelling topics as "What Saddam Wrought," "Deconstructing Osama and His Evil Appeal," "The Middle East, Westernized Despite Itself," "The Enemies of God," and "Can Islam be Secularized?" The collection ranges from two English originals of articles published before only in foreign languages, to previously unpublished writings, to his highly regarded essays from publications such as Foreign Affairs and The New York Review of Books. With more than fifty pieces in all, plus a new introduction to the book by Lewis, this is a valuable collection for everyone interested in the Middle East. Here then is a rich repository of wisdom on one of the key areas of the modern world a wealth of profound reflections on Middle Eastern history, culture, politics, and current events.
From Babel to Dragomans: Interpreting the Middle East.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34677
- 2017-01-10[PDF] From Babel to Dragomans: Interpreting the Middle East
- 2020-10-09Port Geography and Hinterland Development Dynamics: Insights from Major Port cities of the Middle East
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Water, Energy & Food Sustainability in the Middle East: The Sustainability Triangle - Removed
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Ethnic Groups of Africa and the Middle East: An Encyclopedia (Ethnic Groups of the World)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Poor Places, Thriving People: How the Middle East and North Africa Can Rise Above Spatial Disparities (MENA Development Report)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Holy Lands: Reviving Pluralism in the Middle East
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Medicinal and Aromatic Plants of the Middle-East - Removed
- 2017-12-06[PDF] Marine Corps Tank Battles in the Middle East
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Saracen Strongholds AD 630-1050: The Middle East and Central Asia
- 2017-11-15[PDF] How to Make Peace in the Middle East in Six Months or Less: Without Leaving Your Apartment
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Public Administration and Policy in the Middle East (Public Administration, Governance and Globalization) - Removed
- 2017-11-09[PDF] A Land of Aching Hearts: The Middle East in the Great War
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Advances in Engineering Education in the Middle East and North Africa: Current Status, and Future Insights - Removed
- 2017-10-19[PDF] Islamism: What it Means for the Middle East and the World
- 2017-01-16[PDF] Islamism: What it Means for the Middle East and the World
- 2011-11-21Muslim Fortresses in the Levant: Between Crusaders and Mongols (Culture and Civilization in the Middle East) - Removed
- 2011-08-12Muslim Fortresses in the Levant: Between Crusaders and Mongols (Culture and Civilization in the Middle East) - Removed
- 2018-01-28[PDF] A World of Trouble: The White House and the Middle East from the Cold War to the War on Terror
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Persiana: Recipes from the Middle East & Beyond.
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.