Posted on 2018-01-06, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Roel Sterckx | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 248 | ISBN: 1107001714 | ISBN13: 9781107001718 |
Description: In ancient China, the preparation of food and the offering up of food as a religious sacrifice were intimately connected with models of sagehood and ideas of self-cultivation and morality. Drawing on received and newly excavated written sources, Roel Sterckx's book explores how this vibrant culture influenced the ways in which the early Chinese explained the workings of the human senses, and the role of sensory experience in communicating with the spirit world. The book, which begins with a survey of dietary culture from the Zhou to the Han and offers some intriguing insights into the ritual preparation of food - some butchers and cooks were highly regarded and would rise to positions of influence as a result of their culinary skills - and the sacrificial ceremony itself. As a major contribution to the study of early China and to the development of philosophical thought, the book will be essential reading for students of the period, and for anyone interested in ritual and religion in the ancient world.
Food, Sacrifice, and Sagehood in Early China.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35084
- 2013-12-26Food, Sacrifice, and Sagehood in Early China (Repost)
- 2012-02-20Food, Sacrifice, and Sagehood in Early China
- 2017-10-08[PDF] Food, Eating and Identity in Early Medieval England (Anglo-Saxon Studies)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Astrology and Cosmology in Early China: Conforming Earth to Heaven
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Women, Food Exchange, and Governance in Early Modern England (Early Modern Literature in History) - Removed
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Landscape and Power in Early China: The Crisis and Fall of the Western Zhou 1045-771 BC
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Food Security and Farm Land Protection in China (Series on Chinese Economics Research)
- 2017-11-26[PDF] The Art of Medicine in Early China: The Ancient and Medieval Origins of a Modern Archive
- 2017-10-26[PDF] The Way and the Word: Science and Medicine in Early China and Greece
- 2017-10-10[PDF] War, Politics and Society in Early Modern China, 900-1795 (Warfare and History)
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Of Tripod and Palate: Food, Politics, and Religion in Traditional China - Removed
- 2017-02-14[PDF] War, Politics and Society in Early Modern China, 900-1795 (Warfare and History)
- 2017-01-14[PDF] The Way and the Word: Science and Medicine in Early China and Greece
- 2012-02-18Food Marketing to Children and Youth: Threat or Opportunity? - Committee On Food Marketing And The Diets Of Children And Youth
- 2012-02-12Food Marketing to Children and Youth: Threat or Opportunity? - Committee On Food Marketing And The Diets Of Children And Youth
- 2021-08-18Text And Ritual In Early China
- 2021-08-11Mind and Body in Early China Beyond Orientalism and the Myth of Holism
- 2021-08-10Honor and Shame in Early China
- 2020-12-09Text And Ritual In Early China
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.