Posted on 2017-10-08, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Allen J. Frantzen | Publisher: Boydell Press | Category: Cooking | Language: English | Page: 304 | ISBN: 1843839083 | ISBN13: 9781843839088 |
Description: Food in the Middle Ages usually evokes images of feasting, speeches, and special occasions, even though most evidence of food culture consists of fragments of ordinary things such as knives, cooking pots, and grinding stones, which are rarely mentioned by contemporary writers. This book puts daily life and its objects at the centre of the food world. It brings together archaeological and textual evidence to show how words and implements associated with food contributed to social identity at all levels of Anglo-Saxon society. It also looks at the networks which connected fields to kitchens and linked rural centres to trading sites. Fasting, redesigned field systems, and the place of fish in the diet are examined in a wide-ranging, interdisciplinary inquiry into the power of food to reveal social complexity. Allen J. Frantzen is Professor of English at Loyola University Chicago.
Food, Eating and Identity in Early Medieval England (Anglo-Saxon Studies).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32175
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Food, Drink and Identity: Cooking, Eating and Drinking in Europe since the Middle Ages
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Women, Food Exchange, and Governance in Early Modern England (Early Modern Literature in History) - Removed
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Food, Sacrifice, and Sagehood in Early China
- 2017-10-08[PDF] Jewish Eating and Identity Through the Ages (Routledge Advances in Sociology)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Jewish Eating and Identity Through the Ages (Routledge Advances in Sociology)
- 2017-10-04[PDF] Women, Beauty and Power in Early Modern England: A Feminist Literary History - Removed
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Leo Strauss and the Recovery of Medieval Political Philosophy (Rochester Studies in Medieval Political Thought)
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Women, Beauty and Power in Early Modern England: A Feminist Literary History
- 2014-01-24"Environment, Society and Landscape in Early Medieval England" by Tom Williamson
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Eating Together: Food, Space, and Identity in Malaysia and Singapore
- 2020-05-07Eating Together: Food, Space, and Identity in Malaysia and Singapore (Rowman & Littlefield Studies in Food and Gastronomy)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Alcohol, Sex, and Gender in Late Medieval and Early Modern Europe (Early Modern History) - Removed
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Cosmos and Community in Early Medieval Art
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Queenship, Gender, and Reputation in the Medieval and Early Modern West, 1060-1600 (Queenship and Power) - Removed
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Anglo-Saxon Studies in Archaeology and History 14: Early Medieval Mortuary Practices
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Death and Memory in Early Medieval Britain (Cambridge Studies in Archaeology)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Philosophy and Religion in Early Medieval China (S U N Y Series in Chinese Philosophy and Culture)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Politics and Ritual in Early Medieval Europe (History Series, 42)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Lords and Communities in Early Medieval East Anglia
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.