[PDF] Follow Your Heart: Moving with the Giants of Jazz, Swing, and Rhythm and Blues (African Amer Music in Global Perspective)
Posted on 2017-12-14, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Joe Evans | Category: Music | Language: English | Page: 200 | ISBN: 0252033035 | ISBN13: 9780252033032 |
Description: Detailing the fascinating career of Joe Evans, "Follow Your Heart" chronicles the nearly thirty years that he spent immersed in one of the most exciting times in African American music history. An alto saxophonist who between 1939 and 1965 performed with some of America's greatest musicians, including Louis Armstrong, Cab Calloway, Charlie Parker, Jay McShann, Andy Kirk, Billie Holiday, Bill 'Bojangles' Robinson, Lionel Hampton, and Ivory Joe Hunter, Evans warmly recounts his wide range of experience in the music industry. Readers follow Evans from Pensacola, Florida, where he first learned to play, to such exotic destinations as Tel Aviv and Paris, which he visited while on tour with Lionel Hampton.Evans also comments on popular New York City venues used for shaping and producing black music, such as the Apollo Theater, the Savoy, Minton's Playhouse, and the Rhythm Club. Revealing Evans as a master storyteller, "Follow Your Heart" describes his stints as a music executive, entrepreneur, and musician. Evans provides rich descriptions of jazz, swing, and rhythm and blues culture by highlighting his experiences promoting tracks to radio deejays under Ray Charles' Tangerine label and later writing, arranging, and producing hits for the Manhattans and the Pretenders.Leading numerous musical ventures that included a publishing company and several labels - Cee Jay Records (with Jack Rags), Revival, and Carnival Records - Evans remained active in the music industry even after he stopped performing regularly. As one of the few who enjoyed success as both performer and entrepreneur, he offers invaluable insight into race relations within the industry, the development of African American music and society from the 1920s to 1970s, and the music scene of the era.
Follow Your Heart: Moving with the Giants of Jazz, Swing, and Rhythm and Blues (African Amer Music in Global Perspective).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34373
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Follow Your Heart: Moving with the Giants of Jazz, Swing, and Rhythm and Blues (African Amer Music in Global Perspective)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Achieve Your Potential Online with the GlobalNiche Method
- 2017-11-14[PDF] Achieve Your Potential Online with the GlobalNiche Method
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Organizational Systems: Managing Complexity with the Viable System Model (English and Bulgarian Edition)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Double Your Learning Power: Master the Techniques of Successful Memory and Recall
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Be Your Own Financial Adviser: The comprehensive guide to wealth and financial planning
- 2017-10-17[PDF] Managing Your Biological Data with Python (Chapman & Hall/CRC Mathematical and Computational Biology)
- 2017-10-11[PDF] Running Your Own Boarding Kennels: The Complete Guide to Kennel and Cattery Management
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Be Your Own Financial Adviser: The comprehensive guide to wealth and financial planning
- 2017-12-08[PDF] Living the Braveheart Life: Finding the Courage to Follow Your Heart
- 2021-04-02Job Ready Java: Land your first role with the most used primary programming language (True PDF)
- 2019-01-03Living the Braveheart Life Finding the Courage to Follow Your Heart
- 2018-04-19The Pursuit of Dreams Claim Your Power, Follow Your Heart, and Fulfill Your Destiny
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Innovation that Fits: Moving Beyond the Fads to Choose the RIGHT Innovation Strategy for Your Business
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Implementing Iso 9001:2015: Thrill your customers and transform your cost base with the new gold standard for business management
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Handmade for the Garden: 75 Ingenious Ways to Enhance Your Outdoor Space with DIY Tools, Pots, Supports, Embellishments, and More
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Once Upon a Summertime: A New York City Romance (Follow Your Heart)
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Chart Your Way To Profits: The Online Trader's Guide to Technical Analysis with ProphetCharts
- 2017-10-14[PDF] Eat Your Heart Out: The Look Good, Feel Good, Silver Lining Cookbook
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.