[PDF] Flash Floods in Texas (River Books, Sponsored by The Meadows Center for Water and the Environment, Texa)
Posted on 2017-10-23, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Jonathan Burnett | Publisher: Texas A&M University Press | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 350 | ISBN: 1585445908 | ISBN13: 9781585445905 |
Description: How many times have you heard the television or radio alert, We are now under a flash flood watch? While the destructive force of flash flooding is a regular occurrence in the state and has caused a tremendous amount of damage and heartache over the years, no one until now has recorded in a single book the history of flash floods in Texas. After combing libraries and archives, grilling county historians, trekking to flood sites, and collecting scores of graphic photographs, Jonathan Burnett chose twenty-eight floods from around the state to create this narrative of a century of disastrous events. Beginning with the famous Austin dam break of 1900 and ending with the historic 2002 flooding in the Hill Country, Burnett chronicles the causes and courses of these catastrophic floods as well as their costs in material damage and human lives. Dramatic photographs of each event enhance the harrowing accounts of danger spawned by nature on a rampage. Together, the stories and the pictures give readers a vivid and lasting image of the power and unpredictability of flash floods in Texas. Burnetts work does add appreciably to our knowledge of high-water events and their impact on the people of Texas. Virtually all of the information about such movements is buried in summary reports written by bureaucrats for specific purposes, or in local newspapers whose readership is greatly restricted. Burnett neatly compiles so much of this information in a form that is readily accessible and digestible. Moreover, his documentation is superlative.George W. Bomar, State Meteorologist
Flash Floods in Texas (River Books, Sponsored by The Meadows Center for Water and the Environment, Texa).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32695
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Flash Floods: Forecasting and Warning - Removed
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Wedding Series Boxed Set (3 Books in 1) (The Wedding Series Book 4)
- 2017-10-11[PDF] F&W Media North Light Books-Delight 'In The Art Of Collage'
- 2020-12-29Asian Keto Soups Cookbook 2 Books In 1 Over 200 Recipes For Asian And Thai High Protein Low Carbs So...
- 2020-11-20Asian Keto Soups Cookbook: 2 Books In 1: Over 200 Recipes For Asian And Thai High Protein Low Carbs Soups
- 2020-11-16Asian Keto Soups Cookbook: 2 Books In 1: Over 200 Recipes For Asian And Thai High Protein Low Carbs Soups
- 2020-11-05PYTHON: 2 books in 1 : Learn python programming for beginners and machine learning, Kindle Edition
- 2020-10-18Backyard Homesteading: 3 books in 1 : Making Bread, Cheese, Drinkable Water and Tea from Home Growing Vegetables, Fruits
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The MBR Book, Second Edition: Principles and Applications of Membrane Bioreactors for Water and Wastewater Treatment
- 2018-01-20[PDF] How to Get Your Wife to Cuckold You: A Cuckolding Guide for Cucks and Cuck-Wannabes
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Ozone Reaction Kinetics for Water and Wastewater Systems
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Interne Kundenzufriedenheit mit dem Controllerbereich: Eine empirische Studie (Schriften des Center for Controlling & Management (CCM)) (German Edition) - Removed
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Cisco VPN Configuration Guide: Step-By-Step Configuration of Cisco VPNs for ASA and Routers
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Fifty Shades of Oral Pleasure: A Bedside Guide to Going Down for Him and Her
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Entwicklung von Controlleraufgaben: Eine Langsschnittuntersuchung in deutschen Unternehmen (Schriften des Center for Controlling & Management (CCM)) (German Edition) - Removed
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Jerry Snyder's Guitar School, Method Book 1: A Comprehensive Method for Class and Individual Instruction
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Design-Build for Water and Wastewater Projects
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Mathematics Manual for Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators, Second Edition: Basic Mathematics for Water and Wastewater Operators
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Building Your Next Big Thing with Google Cloud Platform: A Guide for Developers and Enterprise Architects - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.