Posted on 2017-10-23, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Matthew Bennett, Jim Bradbury, Kelly DeVries | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 1 | ISBN: 0312348207 |
Description: Describes the fighting methods of soldiers in Europe and the Near East in an age before the widespread use of gunpowder This informative book describes the fighting techniques of soldiers in what has been characterised as the 'age of chivalry' and it shows in detail the methods by which armies gained and lost ascendancy on the battlefield. Examined firstly are the individual components of the medieval army, the foot soldier and the mounted soldier and the equipment they wore and used and how they fought together as a unit. Certain types of unit are described - like Welsh longbowmen and Italian mercenaries - and why they were more effective than others, such as the French armoured knights at Agincourt. The third section discusses how these units were used together on the battlefield and the importance of a general correctly disposing his troops before the battle began - key battles such as Lincoln, Bannockburn and Crecy are examined - and also the contrasting tactics of both sides during crusades and the various shortcomings of the crusaders and their leaders. The fourth part looks at the specialist techniques and equipment developed for siege warfare - a common event in this era of fortification. The last section covers naval warfare, from the ships in which the men fought to the weapons they carried and the major battles of the period including the battle of Meloria in the Mediterranean. Using specially commissioned artwork to illustrate the battles, equipment, and tactics of the era, Fighting Techniques of the Medieval World shows in detail the ways in which armies prevailed over their foes. It is an essential book for any reader interested in the realities and means of medieval warfare.
Fighting Techniques of the Medieval World: Equipment, Combat Skills and Tactics.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32691
- 2017-02-06[PDF] Fighting Techniques of the Medieval World: Equipment, Combat Skills and Tactics
- 2020-12-16Fighting Techniques of the Medieval World Equipment, Combat Skills and Tactics
- 2013-10-24Fighting Techniques of the Medieval World: Equipment, Combat Skills and Tactics
- 2013-10-25Fighting Techniques of the Early Modern World AD 1500 - AD 1763: Equipment, Combat Skills, and Tactics
- 2013-04-12Fighting Techniques of the Ancient World (3000 B.C. to 500 A.D.): Equipment, Combat Skills, and Tactics (repost)
- 2011-04-08Fighting Techniques of the Medieval World ad 500 - ad 1500
- 2009-09-16Fighting Techniques of the Medieval World - Removed
- 2011-11-10Fighting Techniques of the Colonial Era: 1776-1914 Equipment, Combat Skills and Tactics
- 2011-08-01Fighting Techniques of the Colonial Era: 1776--1914 Equipment, Combat Skills and Tactics
- 2011-07-26Fighting Techniques of the Colonial Era: 1776-1914 Equipment, Combat Skills and Tactics
- 2018-01-18[PDF] The Medieval World I: Kingdoms, Empires, and War (The Modern Scholar) (Audiobook)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] A Companion to the Medieval World (Blackwell Companions to European History)
- 2017-11-20[PDF] The Medieval World (History of Costume and Fashion) (Volume 1)
- 2010-12-06Fighting Techniques of the Ancient World(3000 B.C.to 500 AD)
- 2009-09-13Fighting Techniques of the Ancient World - Removed
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Fighting Ships of the Far East, Vol. 1: China and Southeast Asia, 202 BC-AD 1419 (New Vanguard)
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Escort Carrier of the Second World War: Combustible, Vulnerable and Expendable!
- 2012-12-07The Medieval World II: Society, Economy, and Culture [repost]
- 2012-12-07The Medieval World I: Kingdoms, Empires, and War [repost]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.