Posted on 2017-11-03, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Erika Dyck | Category: Biology | Language: English | Page: 332 | ISBN: 144261255X | ISBN13: 9781442612556 |
Description: Facing Eugenics is a social history of sexual sterilization operations in twentieth-century Canada. Looking at real-life experiences of men and women who, either coercively or voluntarily, participated in the largest legal eugenics program in Canada, it considers the impact of successive legal policies and medical practices on shaping our understanding of contemporary reproductive rights. The book also provides deep insights into the broader implications of medical experimentation, institutionalization, and health care in North America.Erika Dyck uses a range of historical evidence, including medical files, court testimony, and personal records to place mental health and intelligence at the centre of discussions regarding reproductive fitness. Examining acts of resistance alongside heavy-handed decisions to sterilize people considered "unfit," Facing Eugenics illuminates how reproductive rights fit into a broader discussion of what constitutes civil liberties, modern feminism, and contemporary psychiatric survivor and disability activism.
Facing Eugenics: Reproduction, Sterilization, and the Politics of Choice.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33092
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Assimilating Seoul: Japanese Rule and the Politics of Public Space in Colonial Korea, 1910-1945 (Asia Pacific Modern)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Brother Bill: President Clinton and the Politics of Race and Class
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Fashioning Lives: Black Queers and the Politics of Literacy
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Casualties of Care: Immigration and the Politics of Humanitarianism in France
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Vagabond Witness: Victor Serge and the Politics of Hope
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Contested Tastes: Foie Gras and the Politics of Food (Princeton Studies in Cultural Sociology)
- 2017-11-22[PDF] Turf Wars: Discourse, Diversity, and the Politics of Place (New Directions in Ethnography)
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Aristophanes' Thesmophoriazusae: Philosophizing Theatre and the Politics of Perception in Late Fifth-Century Athens (Cambridge Classical Studies)
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Conceiving Cuba: Reproduction, Women, and the State in the Post-Soviet Era
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Divided Spirits: Tequila, Mezcal, and the Politics of Production (California Studies in Food and Culture)
- 2017-10-29[PDF] American Superrealism: Nathanael West and the Politics of Representation in the 1930s (Wisconsin Project on American Writers)
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Israeli Cinema: East/West and the Politics of Representation (Modern Middle East Studies)
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Late-Medieval Prison Writing and the Politics of Autobiography (Oxford English Monographs)
- 2017-10-18[PDF] Managing Egypt's Poor and the Politics of Benevolence, 1800-1952 - Removed
- 2017-10-17[PDF] Visual Peace: Images, Spectatorship, and the Politics of Violence (Rethinking Peace and Conflict Studies) - Removed
- 2017-10-16[PDF] Political Descent: Malthus, Mutualism, and the Politics of Evolution in Victorian England
- 2017-10-14[PDF] Restricted Access: Media, Disability, and the Politics of Participation
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Strategically Created Treaty Conflicts and the Politics of International Law (Cambridge Studies in International and Comparative Law)
- 2017-10-12[PDF] All Rise: Somebodies, Nobodies, and the Politics of Dignity
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.