[PDF] F-100 Super Sabre Units of the Vietnam War (Combat Aircraft)
Posted on 2018-01-13, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Peter Davies | Publisher: Osprey Publishing | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 96 | ISBN: 1849084467 | ISBN13: 9781849084468 |
Description: Osprey's examination of the F-100 Super Sabre Units' participation in the Vietnam War (1955-1975). While the F-105 Thunderchief and F-4 Phantom flew the majority of the fighter-bomber missions over North Vietnam, the Thunderchief's service predecessor, the F-100 Super Sabre stayed on to fight the air war in South Vietnam until June 1971. Although it was designed as an air defence fighter, and was later given nuclear capability as the mainstay of Tactical Air Command's deterrent posture, it was the F-100's toughness, adaptability and reliability that made it ideally suited to the incessant 'taxi-rank' close support and counter-insurgency missions in Vietnam. The jet's four 20 mm cannon and external loads of bombs, rockets and fire-bombs defeated many enemy incursions, with US troops in contact expressing a preference for the accuracy and skill of F-100 pilots to save them in situations where ordnance had to be dropped very close to their own lines. Many courageous deeds were performed, although 242 F-100s and 87aircrew were lost in action. Used at the start of Operation Rolling Thunder in March 1965 as an escort for F-105 strikes, the Super Sabre fought MiGs and one pilot made a credible claim for a MiG-17 destroyed, but the more capable F-4 Phantom II soon replaced it in this role. The air-to-ground war was fought by F-100C/D/F pilots from 21 TAC and Air National Guard squadrons at six bases in South Vietnam and Thailand. From September 1965, a number of two-seat F-100Fs were equipped to detect and pinpoint SA-2 missile sites, and they led F-105s in to destroy them in hazardous missions that founded the suppression of enemy air defences (SEAD) techniques developed for F-105F and F-4C 'Wild Weasel' aircraft later in the war. Other F-100Fs replaced fragile piston-engined forward air control (FAC) aircraft, providing more survivable high-speed airborne management of strike missions. Maj George Day, awarded the Medal of Honor in 1973, was the first leader of this 'Misty FAC' unit. The aircraft's strengths and eccentricities will be examined through analysis of its performance and the anecdotes of those who flew and serviced it.
F-100 Super Sabre Units of the Vietnam War (Combat Aircraft).pdf
Sponsored High Speed Downloads
6514 dl's @ 2049 KB/sDownload Now [Full Version]
8825 dl's @ 2702 KB/sDownload Link 1 - Fast Download
7520 dl's @ 2436 KB/sDownload Mirror - Direct Download
Search More...[PDF] F-100 Super Sabre Units of the Vietnam War (Combat Aircraft)
Download this book
No active download links here?Please check the description for download links if any or do a search to find alternative books.
- Ebooks list page : 35292
- 2013-03-21F-100 Super Sabre Units of the Vietnam War (Osprey Combat Aircraft 89) pdf
- 2018-10-10F-100 Super Sabre Units of the Vietnam War
- 2012-09-16F-100 Super Sabre Units of the Vietnam War (Osprey Combat Aircraft 89)
- 2018-01-12[PDF] US Marine Corps F-4 Phantom II Units of the Vietnam War (Combat Aircraft)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] A-6 Intruder Units of the Vietnam War (Combat Aircraft)
- 2018-01-09[PDF] B-57 Canberra Units of the Vietnam War (Combat Aircraft)
- 2018-01-07[PDF] US Navy A-1 Skyraider Units of the Vietnam War (Combat Aircraft)
- 2017-11-29[PDF] A-3 Skywarrior Units of the Vietnam War (Combat Aircraft)
- 2017-10-27[PDF] F-105 Thunderchief Units of the Vietnam War (Combat Aircraft)
- 2017-10-26[PDF] US Navy PBY Catalina Units of the Atlantic War (Combat Aircraft)
- 2017-10-23[PDF] B-17 Flying Fortress Units of the Pacific War (Combat Aircraft)
- 2017-11-29[PDF] F-105 Thunderchief MiG Killers of the Vietnam War (Combat Aircraft)
- 2012-12-11US Marine Corps F-4 Phantom II Units of the Vietnam War (Combat Aircraft 94)
- 2009-05-13US NAVY A-7 Corsair II Units of the Vietnam War-Combat Aircraft Series 48
- 2009-05-10MiG-21 Units of the Vietnam War-Combat Aircraft Series 29
- 2012-06-08Aircraft No. Nine: F-100 Super Sabre in Action
- 2012-05-13North American F-100 Super Sabre (Osprey Air Combat) - Removed
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Vulcan Units of the Cold War (Combat Aircraft)
- 2017-12-16[PDF] F9F Panther Units of the Korean War (Combat Aircraft)
No comments for "[PDF] F-100 Super Sabre Units of the Vietnam War (Combat Aircraft)".
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.