Posted on 2018-01-21, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Stephen R. Grimm and Christoph Baumberger | Category: Psychology | Language: English | Page: 354 | ISBN: 1138921939 | ISBN13: 9781138921931 |
Description: What does it mean to understand something? What types of understanding can be distinguished? Is understanding always provided by explanations? And how is it related to knowledge? Such questions have attracted considerable interest in epistemology recently. These discussions, however, have not yet engaged insights about explanations and theories developed in philosophy of science. Conversely, philosophers of science have debated the nature of explanations and theories, while dismissing understanding as a psychological by-product. In this book, epistemologists and philosophers of science together address basic questions about the nature of understanding, providing a new overview of the field. False theories, cognitive bias, transparency, coherency, and other important issues are discussed. Its 15 original chapters are essential reading for researchers and graduate students interested in the current debates about understanding.
Explaining Understanding: New Perspectives from Epistemology and Philosophy of Science.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35547
- 2011-11-12Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science VIII
- 2011-05-31Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science VIII: Proceedings of the Eighth International Congress of Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science, (International ... and Philosophy of Science// Proc
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Islamic Fashion and Anti-Fashion: New Perspectives from Europe and North America
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Victorian Investments: New Perspectives on Finance and Culture
- 2018-01-23[PDF] The Aging Consumer: Perspectives From Psychology and Economics (Marketing and Consumer Psychology Series)
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Old Kingdom, New Perspectives: Egyptian Art and Archaeology 2750-2150 BC
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Mentally Disordered Offenders: Perspectives from Law and Social Science (Perspectives in Law & Psychology)
- 2017-10-19[PDF] Building Autonomous Learners: Perspectives from Research and Practice using Self-Determination Theory - Removed
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Autism Spectrum Disorder: Perspectives from Psychoanalysis and Neuroscience
- 2014-04-20Islamic Fashion and Anti-Fashion: New Perspectives from Europe and North America
- 2010-01-19Transitions from Education to Work: New Perspectives from Europe and Beyond
- 2018-06-23Temporality and Shame Perspectives from Psychoanalysis and Philosophy
- 2020-05-18Virtue Epistemology Naturalized: Bridges Between Virtue Epistemology and Philosophy of Science (Synthese Library)
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Worldviews: An Introduction to the History and Philosophy of Science
- 2014-01-25Feminist Epistemology and Philosophy of Science: Power in Knowledge [Repost]
- 2011-06-24Feminist Epistemology and Philosophy of Science: Power in Knowledge
- 2011-05-22Feminist Epistemology and Philosophy of Science: Power in Knowledge
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Education and the Growth of Knowledge: Perspectives from Social and Virtue Epistemology (Journal of Philosophy of Education)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] The Terrane Puzzle: New Perspectives on Paleontology and Stratigraphy from the North American Cordillera (Special Paper (Geological Society of America))
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.