[PDF] Expanding Disciplinarity in Architectural Practice: Designing from the Room to the City (Design Research in Architecture)
Posted on 2018-01-27, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Tom Holbrook | Publisher: Routledge | Category: Architecture | Language: English | Page: 172 | ISBN: 1138694320 | ISBN13: 9781138694323 |
Description: Expanding Disciplinarity in Architectural Practice presents an argument for the role of an architect as a generalist with a particular ability to bring spatial intelligence to bear on the significant issues of planning, settlement, and identity. The book draws on strategy and planning, landscape, infrastructure, urbanism, historical conservation, and interpretation, architecture, and the creative reuse of existing structures to encourage you to incorporate a holistic approach to your designs. Tracing a series of projects developed by his practice 5th Studio, author Tom Holbrook argues the critical importance of involving spatial practitioners in large scale strategies and designs to combine interdisciplinary thinking and concrete experience of buildings. The book incorporates interviews with prominent figures in the field of architecture, eleven UK case studies, and over 200 beautiful illustrations including the authors own award-winning designs. With twenty years of evolving practical experience, together with associated research, teaching, and writing, Holbrook shows you how a participatory infrastructure creates a crucial bridge between strategic thinking and the reality of the built environment. This book is a must-read for professionals seeking to incorporate broader design strategy into their practice.
Expanding Disciplinarity in Architectural Practice: Designing from the Room to the City (Design Research in Architecture).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35724
- 2017-10-25Expanding Disciplinarity in Architectural Practice: Designing from the Room to the City
- 2017-03-10Expanding Disciplinarity in Architectural Practice Designing from the Room to the City
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Effective Treatments for PTSD: Practice Guidelines from the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies, 2nd Edition
- 2022-01-15Narrative Research in Practice Stories from the Field - Removed
- 2018-06-15A Gathering of Brilliant Moons Practice Advice From the Rime Masters of Tibet
- 2018-06-12A Gathering of Brilliant Moons Practice Advice From the Rime Masters of Tibet
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Philosophy of Mathematics: Selected Writings (Selections from the Writings of Charles S. Peirce)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Forrest Mims' Science Experiments: DIY Projects from the Pages of Make:
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Reasoning About Change: Time and Causation from the Standpoint of Artificial Intelligence (Artificial Intelligence)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Social Indicators for Aboriginal Governance: Insights from the Thamarrurr Region, Northern Territory
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Lincoln Year Book: Axioms and Aphorisms from the Great Emancipator
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Easy Chicago Cookbook: Authentic Chicago Recipes from the Windy City for Delicious Chicago Cooking
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Myth of Liberal Ascendancy: Corporate Dominance from the Great Depression to the Great Recession
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Dig - Shuck = Shake: Fish & Seafood Recipes from the Pacific Northwest (Gsp- Trade)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Nematology in South Africa: A View from the 21st Century - Removed
- 2018-01-27[PDF] A Gwen Marcey Collection: A Cry from the Dust, The Bones Will Speak, When Death Draws Near (A Gwen Marcey Novel)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Wind Energy and Wildlife Interactions: Presentations from the CWW2015 Conference
- 2018-01-24[PDF] A Clinical Guide to Pediatric HIV: Bridging the Gaps Between Research and Practice - Removed
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Methods of Research on Teaching the English Language Arts: The Methodology Chapters From the Handbook of Research on Teaching the English Language ... & National Council of Teachers of English
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.