Posted on 2018-01-31, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Juha I. Uitto, Jyotsna Puri, Rob D. van den Berg | Category: Misc | Language: English | Page: 355 | ISBN: 3319437011 | ISBN13: 9783319437019 |
Description: This book is open access under a Creative Commons license. This authoritative book presents the ever progressing state of the art in evaluating climate change strategies and action. It builds upon a selection of relevant and practical papers and presentations given at the 2nd International Conference on Evaluating Climate Change and Development held in Washington DC in 2014 and includes perspectives from independent evaluations of the major international organisations supporting climate action in developing countries, such as the Global Environment Facility. The first section of the book sets the stage and provides an overview of independent evaluations, carried out by multilateral development banks and development organisations. Important topics include how policies and organisations aim to achieve impact and how this is measured, whether climate change is mainstreamed into other development programs, and whether operations are meeting the urgency of climate change challenges. The following sections focus on evaluation of climate change projects and policies as they link to development, from the perspective of international organisations, NGOs, multilateral and bilateral aid agencies, and academia. The authors share methodologies or approaches used to better understand problems and assess interventions, strategies and policies. They also share challenges encountered, what was done to solve these and lessons learned from evaluations. Collectively, the authors illustrate the importance of evaluation in providing evidence to guide policy change to informed decision-making.
Evaluating Climate Change Action for Sustainable Development.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35838
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Energy and Global Climate Change: Bridging the Sustainable Development Divide
- 2018-01-10[PDF] The Law of Energy for Sustainable Development (IUCN Academy of Environmental Law Research Studies) (v. 1)
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Balanced Growth: Finding Strategies for Sustainable Development (Management for Professionals)
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Computational Intelligent Data Analysis for Sustainable Development (Chapman & Hall/CRC Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery Series)
- 2017-10-21[PDF] Engaging Stakeholders in Education for Sustainable Development at University Level (World Sustainability Series) - Removed
- 2017-10-14[PDF] Assessment of Hydrogen Energy for Sustainable Development (NATO Science for Peace and Security Series C: Environmental Security)
- 2017-10-04[PDF] Moving Millions: Transport Strategies for Sustainable Development in Megacities (Alliance for Global Sustainability Bookseries)
- 2011-11-29Linking Knowledge with Action for Sustainable Development
- 2020-04-26Climate Change Science: A Primer for Sustainable Development (Columbia University Earth Institute Sustainability Primers)
- 2018-06-05Systems Thinking for Sustainable Development Climate Change and the Environment - Removed
- 2017-10-11[PDF] Mainstreaming Climate Change in Development Cooperation: Theory, Practice and Implications for the European Union
- 2011-12-26Frontiers in Understanding Climate Change and Polar Ecosystems
- 2019-11-28Building Engagement for Sustainable Development: Challenges of Sustainable Economy in Times of Accelerated Change (Sustainable Management, Wertschöpfung und Effizienz)
- 2019-05-14Building Engagement for Sustainable Development: Challenges of Sustainable Economy in Times of Accelerated Change
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Environmental Biotechnology: Biodegradation, Bioremediation, and Bioconversion of Xenobiotics for Sustainable Development
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Stopping Climate Change: the Case for Hydrogen and Coal (Lecture Notes in Energy) - Removed
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Green Jobs for Sustainable Development (Routledge Studies in Ecological Economics)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Images of the Future City: Time and Space For Sustainable Development
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Managing Packaging Design for Sustainable Development: A Compass for Strategic Directions
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.