Posted on 2018-01-31, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Hermann Scheer | Category: Electrical Engineering | Language: English | Page: 320 | ISBN: 1844073556 | ISBN13: 9781844073559 |
Description: For 200 years industrial civilization has relied on the combustion of abundant and cheap carbon fuels. But continued reliance has had perilous consequences. On the one hand there is the insecurity of relying on the world's most unstable region - the Middle East - compounded by the imminence of peak oil, growing scarcity and mounting prices. On the other, the potentially cataclysmic consequences of continuing to burn fossil fuels, as the evidence of accelerating climate change shows. Yet there is a solution: to make the transition to renewable sources of energy and distributed, decentralized energy generation. It is a model that has been proven, technologically, commercially and politically, as Scheer comprehensively demonstrates here. The alternative of a return to nuclear power - again being widely advocated - he shows to be compromised and illusory. The advantages of renewable energy are so clear and so overwhelming that resistance to them needs diagnosis - which Scheer also provides, showing why and how entrenched ts and one-dimensional structures of thinking oppose the transition, and what must be done to overcome these obstacles. The new book from the award-winning author of THE SOLAR ECONOMY and A SOLAR MANIFESTO demonstrates why the transition to renewable energy is essential and how it can be done.
Energy Autonomy: The Economic, Social and Technological Case for Renewable Energy.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35834
- 2010-01-25Energy Autonomy: The Economic, Social and Technological Case for Renewable Energy - Removed
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Human Factors in Transportation: Social and Technological Evolution Across Maritime, Road, Rail, and Aviation Domains (Industrial and Systems Engineering Series)
- 2011-02-13The Economic, Social and Political Elements of Climate Change [REPOST]
- 2010-12-19The Economic, Social and Political Elements of Climate Change
- 2017-10-15[PDF] Entertaining on the Water: Easy and delicious recipes for all seasons
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Governing the Present: Administering Economic, Social and Personal Life
- 2007-08-17Decision Making with the Analytic Network Process: Economic, Political, Social and Technological Applications with Benefits, Opportunities, Costs and Risks
- 2020-10-07Beyond Great: Nine Strategies for Thriving in an Era of Social Tension, Economic Nationalism, and Technological Revolution
- 2020-03-21War in Economic Theories over Time: Assessing the True Economic, Social and Political Costs (Palgrave Studies in the History of Economic Thought)
- 2019-12-18The Impact of International Trade and FDI on Economic Growth and Technological Change
- 2019-12-03The External Sector of Africa's Economy (Advances in African Economic, Social and Political Development)
- 2019-11-30Value Chains in Sub-Saharan Africa: Challenges of Integration into the Global Economy (Advances in African Economic, Social and Political Development)
- 2019-01-15The Impact of International Trade and FDI on Economic Growth and Technological Change - Removed
- 2019-01-15The Triple Bottom Line How Today's Best-Run Companies Are Achieving Economic, Social and Environment
- 2019-01-09The Triple Bottom Line How Today's Best-Run Companies Are Achieving Economic, Social and Environm...
- 2019-01-09The Impact of International Trade and FDI on Economic Growth and Technological Change
- 2018-01-31[PDF] China's Multicultural Economies: Social and Economic Indicators - Removed
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Limits of the Secular: Social Experience and Cultural Memory - Removed
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Women of the Andes: Patriarchy and Social Change in Two Peruvian Towns (Women and Culture Series)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.