Posted on 2017-12-03, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Steven Gimbel | Category: Physics | Language: English | Page: 256 | ISBN: 1421405547 | ISBN13: 9781421405544 |
Description: Is relativity Jewish? The Nazis denigrated Albert Einsteinâ€™s revolutionary theory by calling it "Jewish science," a charge typical of the ideological excesses of Hitler and his followers. Philosopher of science Steven Gimbel explores the many meanings of this provocative phrase and considers whether there is any sense in which Einsteinâ€™s theory of relativity is Jewish. Arguing that we must take seriously the possibility that the Nazis were in some measure correct, Gimbel examines Einstein and his work to explore how beliefs, background, and environment mayâ€”or may notâ€”have influenced the work of the scientist. You cannot understand Einsteinâ€™s science, Gimbel declares, without knowing the history, religion, and philosophy that influenced it. No one, especially Einstein himself, denies Einstein's Jewish heritage, but many are uncomfortable saying that he was being a Jew while he was at his desk working. To understand what "Jewish" means for Einsteinâ€™s work, Gimbel first explores the many definitions of "Jewish" and asks whether there are elements of Talmudic thinking apparent in Einsteinâ€™s theory of relativity. He applies this line of inquiry to other scientists, including Isaac Newton, Rene Descartes, Sigmund Freud, and Emile Durkheim, to consider whether their specific religious beliefs or backgrounds manifested in their scientific endeavors. Einstein's Jewish Science intertwines science, history, philosophy, theology, and politics in fresh and fascinating ways to solve the multifaceted riddle of what religion meansâ€”and what it means to science. There are some senses, Gimbel claims, in which Jews can find a special connection to E = mc2, and this claim leads to the engaging, spirited debate at the heart of this book.
Einstein's Jewish Science: Physics at the Intersection of Politics and Religion.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34046
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Abuse of Evil: The Corruption of Politics and Religion since 9/11 (Themes for the 21st Century Ser.)
- 2017-11-09[PDF] The Reject: Community, Politics, and Religion after the Subject (Commonalities (FUP))
- 2020-10-26The Spectacle of Politics and Religion in the Contemporary Turkish Cinema
- 2020-04-30The Reject: Community, Politics, and Religion after the Subject (Commonalities)
- 2019-01-15The Spectacle of Politics and Religion in the Contemporary Turkish Cinema - Removed
- 2019-01-10The Spectacle of Politics and Religion in the Contemporary Turkish Cinema
- 2018-12-21The Spectacle of Politics and Religion in the Contemporary Turkish Cinema
- 2010-03-11Thomas Starkey and the Commonwealth: Humanist Politics and Religion in the Reign of Henry VIII
- 2018-01-06[PDF] A Short History of Physics in the American Century (New Histories of Science, Technology, and Medicine)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Makeup of a Confident Woman: The Science of Beauty, the Gift of Time, and the Power of Putting Your Best Face Forward
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Advances in Systems Science: Proceedings of the International Conference on Systems Science 2016 - Removed
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Discourse on a New Method: Reinvigorating the Marriage of History and Philosophy of Science
- 2018-01-03[PDF] An Inquiry into Science Education, Where the Rubber Meets the Road
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Quantum Aspects Of Beam Physics 2003: The Joint 28th ICFA Advanced Beam Dynamics And Advanced & Novel Accelerators , Workshop, Hiroshima, Japan 7 - 11 January 2003
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Einstein Defiant: Genius Versus Genius in the Quantum Revolution
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Thermodynamic Degradation Science: Physics of Failure, Accelerated Testing, Fatigue and Reliability Applications (Quality and Reliability Engineering Series)
- 2017-12-05[PDF] Nature Futures 2: Science Fiction from the Leading Science Journal
- 2017-12-05[PDF] EPSA Philosophy of Science: Amsterdam 2009 (The European Philosophy of Science Association Proceedings, Vol. 1) - Removed
- 2017-12-02[PDF] A Different Universe: Reinventing Physics from the Bottom Down
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.