Posted on 2017-11-09, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Jean-Pierre Dupuy | Category: Economy | Language: English | Page: 194 | ISBN: 1611861462 | ISBN13: 9781611861464 |
Description: A monster stalks the earthâ€”a sluggish, craven, dumb beast that takes fright at the slightest noise and starts at the sight of its own shadow. This monster is the market. The shadow it fears is cast by a light that comes from the future: the Keynesian crisis of expectations. It is this same light that causes the worldâ€™s leaders to tremble before the beast. They tremble, Jean-Pierre Dupuy says, because they have lost faith in the future. What Dupuy calls Economy has degenerated today into a mad spectacle of unrestrained consumption and speculation. But in its positive formâ€”a truly political economy in which politics, not economics, is predominantâ€”Economy creates not only a sense of trust and confidence but also a belief in the open-endedness of the future without which capitalism cannot function. In this devastating and counterintuitive indictment of the hegemonic pretensions of neoclassical economic theory, Dupuy argues that the immutable and eternal decision of God has been replaced with the unpredictable and capricious judgment of the crowd. The future of mankind will therefore depend on whether it can see through the blindness of orthodox economic thinking.
Economy and the Future: A Crisis of Faith (Studies in Violence, Mimesis, & Culture).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33278
- 2020-05-12Economy and the Future: A Crisis of Faith (Studies in Violence, Mimesis, & Culture)
- 2011-09-04Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy
- 2011-05-19Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy: Report of a Symposium
- 2011-07-16Science and Technology and the Future Development of Societies: International Workshop Proceedings
- 2011-11-05Preparing for the Revolution: Information Technology and the Future of the Research University
- 2020-04-11Understanding the Creative Economy and the Future of Employment
- 2018-05-31Ecological Political Economy and the Socio-Ecological Crisis - Removed
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Childbirth and the Future of Homo Sapiens
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Derrida and the Future of the Liberal Arts: Professions of Faith (Continuum Studies in Continental Philosophy)
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Hegel and the Future of Systematic Philosophy - Removed
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Bitcoin: And the Future of Money
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Ethics and the Global Financial Crisis: Why Incompetence is Worse than Greed (Business, Value Creation, and Society)
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Islam and the Future of Tolerance: A Dialogue
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Storytelling and the Future of Organizations: An Antenarrative Handbook (Routledge Studies in Management, Organizations and Society)
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Bede and the Future (Studies in Early Medieval Britain and Ireland)
- 2017-10-21[PDF] Iceland and the International Financial Crisis: Boom, Bust and Recovery - Removed
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Computation and the Future of the Human Condition
- 2017-10-09[PDF] Neuroscience and the Future of Chemical-Biological Weapons (Global Issues) - Removed
- 2017-04-15[PDF] Drugs and the Future: Brain Science, Addiction and Society
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.