Posted on 2018-01-26, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Economics and the Virtues : Building a New Moral Foundation | Publisher: Oxford University Press | Category: Economy | Language: English | Page: 272 | ISBN: 019870139X | ISBN13: 9780198701392 |
Description: While ethics has been an integral part of economics since the days of Adam Smith (if not Aristotle), many modern economists dismiss ethical concerns in favor of increasing formal mathematical and computational methods. But recent financial crises in the real world have reignited discussions of the importance of ethics to economics, including growing calls for a new approach to incorporating moral philosophy in economic theory, practice, and policy. Ironically, it is the ethics of virtue advocated by Aristotle and Adam Smith that may lead to the most promising way to developing an economics that emphasizes the virtues, character, and judgment of the agents it models. In Economics and the Virtues, editors Jennifer A. Baker and Mark D. White have brought together fifteen leading scholars in economics and philosophy to offer fresh perspectives on integrating virtue into economics. The first section covers five major thinkers and schools in the virtue tradition, tracing historical connections and suggesting new areas of cooperation. The second section applies the ethics of virtue to modern economic theory, delving into its current practices and methodology to suggest areas for integration with moral philosophy. Finally, the third section addresses specific topics such as markets, profits, and justice in the context of virtue and vice, offering valuable applications of virtue to economics. With insights that are novel as well as rooted in time-tested ethical thought, Economics and the Virtues will be of interest to economists, philosophers, and other scholars in the social sciences and humanities, as well as professionals and policymakers in the fields of economics and finance, and makes an invaluable contribution to the ongoing discussion over the role of ethics in economics.
Economics and the Virtues: Building a New Moral Foundation.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35678
- 2017-03-10Economics and the Virtues Building a New Moral Foundation
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Economics and the Public Welfare
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Economics and the Challenge of Global Warming
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Autonomy and the Challenges to Liberalism: New Essays
- 2017-11-15[PDF] Economics and the Theory of Games (Cambridge University Press, 2003)
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Economics and the Environment (Wiley, 2010)
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Economics and the Environment
- 2017-10-29[PDF] Economics and the Enforcement of European Competition Law
- 2017-10-17[PDF] Aristotle and the Virtues
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Aristotle and the Virtues
- 2011-08-02What Makes a Terrorist: Economics and the Roots of Terrorism (New Edition)
- 2021-03-02The Assault on Truth: Boris Johnson, Donald Trump and the Emergence of a New Moral Barbarism (UK Edition)
- 2021-02-11The Assault on Truth: Boris Johnson, Donald Trump and the Emergence of a New Moral Barbarism [Audiobook]
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Normativity and the Will: Selected Essays on Moral Psychology and Practical Reason
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Normativity and the Will: Selected Essays on Moral Psychology and Practical Reason
- 2011-09-04Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy
- 2011-05-19Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy: Report of a Symposium
- 2017-10-15[PDF] Building Equality and Opportunity through Social Guarantees: New Approaches to Public Policy and the Realization of Rights (New Frontiers of Social Policy)
- 2017-04-05[PDF] Financialisation and the Financial and Economic Crises (New Directions in Modern Economics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.